The Credit Risk Manager is responsible for providing an effective Credit Risk management framework that enables early identification, assessment, management, monitoring and reporting of credit risks within the Business.
Responsible for directing financial strategies, overseeing the preparation of financial reports, assisting with audits and liaising with BPO activity for collections and credit risk. Driving and shaping the risk agenda and aligning with the business to drive the overall strategy.
The role will require a proactive individual capable of managing multiple stakeholders across the business, and running the continuous program of analysis to support agreed business requirements
• The role is responsible for assisting in reviewing credit risk strategies impacting all credit portfolios, and for the analytical work required to compliment this
• Analyzing credit applications, conducting a thorough evaluation and making credit support recommendations for the customer portfolios across Africa
• To review and provide timely assessment of credit risk for customers
• Assist to enhance the quality of credit applications and make recommendations about /policy changes where necessary
• Monitor and control credit exposures to ensure compliance with authorized portfolio and limits
• Commercial and specific deal support for Sales leads (incl. credit limit assessments)
• Client facing risk visits, in order to tailor-make financial support solutions
• Providing and interpreting financial information, proactively aligning with the business managing customers approaching their limits
• Monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends
• Analysing competitors and market trends
• Producing accurate financial reports to specific deadlines
• Ensure compliance with Credit Insurance policy
• Build and maintain close functional relationships with financial institutions offering best credit terms and conditions in support of the business across Africa