Critical Care Nurse
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 20 days left to apply for this job.
The position holder is expected to provide general nursing care to Critical Patients.
Qualification & requirement
1. Diploma from a recognized school of nursing or University
2. Valid practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya.
3. Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) and ACLS
4. Higher diploma in Critical Care Course
5. 0-2 years of continuous clinical nursing experience in an acute care hospital
6. Ability to identify the needs of the ICU patient and to plan effective interventions
7. Ability to operate equipment used in care delivery in ICU
8. Knowledge of the wide range of medications used in ICU
9. Familiar with unit policies, procedures, and care protocols
• To provide safe and compassionate care to patients and family.
• Assess patients and develop care plans based on patients’ needs.
• Document and validate all assessment data in the appropriate charts.
• Safely administer and monitor medications given.
• Demonstrate appropriate practice on infection prevention and control.
• Prepare for and assist Doctors to perform various procedures within the scope of practice.
• Prepare the patient for various diagnostic tests within the scope of practice.
• Identify patient and family education needs and implement appropriate teaching.
• Provide safe environment for patients, family, and stakeholders.
• Participate in continual nursing education and quality improvement.
• Demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Exercise team work and collaboration in all spheres of practice.
• Demonstrate a high level of respect, dignity, integrity and trust.
• Be responsible and accountable for own practice.
• Adhere to professional standards and ethics as required by the Nursing Council of Kenya.
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself