IITA Uganda is seeking to recruit a qualified person to fillthe vacancy of Crop productions for the IITA-led DINU project. The successfulcandidate will be based in Dokolo office – Lango sub-region working in all theseven districts. The position will be for an initial period of two yearsrenewable subject to availability of funds, a successful probation period andhigh performance throughout the implementation of the project
• Management and oversight of the production activities.
• Designing implementing and monitoring of on farm demonstration gardens
• Coordinating with the district staff to provide extension knowledge to farmers
• Organize and conduct training for farmers and community extension staff
• Familiar with Good Agricultural Practices (GAP)
• Familiar with region where the Project is implemented.
• Ability to assess and review critically the project activities and results.
• Good knowledge and experience in analytical assessment and participatory techniques
• Coordinate activities with project partners as may be necessary