Curriculum Development & Training Lead (Ponea Academy) (1 Position)
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 1 days left to apply for this job.
Ponea Health is a Dutch-based global focused mature startup founded by experienced global entrepreneurs and is focused on the delivery of on-demand healthcare, real-time price discovery, building trust among healthcare players, improving service delivery and democratising of healthcare in Africa while enabling patients to have control of their health. We are leveraging on platform economies, fin-tech and emerging technologies like to achieve this transformation.
Our focus market includes emerging countries in Africa and South America with over a 10% middle class, mature SME’s, good adoption of Internet and Mobile and a fragmented Health Market Place. Kenya is our first test and launch market. Our contribution to Africa and other emerging markets that suffer from a highly fragmented, inefficient & inadequate private healthcare sector is to leverage the technology to drive access and lower costs to citizens living in urban areas.
The Ponea’s ecosystem vision to grow in emerging markets provide unique competitive advantages from lower healthcare costs, convenience, discretion, trust and efficiency to all healthcare players and patients. Ponea Health first test and launch market will be in Kenya followed by South Africa and then onwards to selected markets in Africa & Latin America.
Ponea targets to consolidate 70% of private healthcare providers online to provide greater choice and access for patients, and more cost-efficient operations for providers from the marketplace enablers. We enable expansion of private healthcare through enhanced distribution of medical services thus creating jobs and driving full employment for medical providers through.
— Digitised Appointment Booking
— Revenue Enhancement
— Enabling Entrepreneurship in the Health eco-system
— Automating Doctor Practice
— Increasing Patient Traffic
— Digitising Referral Network
— Price Transparency
— Virtual Payments
— Automated Billing
— Promoting Accreditation
— Patient-Controlled Centralised Medical Records Sharing & Archiving
— Aggregating private laboratories, diagnostics facilities, pharmacies
— Insurance origination
— Health Loan Origination
The Ponea Oath
What are we made of - HEART
What moves - HIGHER PURPOSE
Why do we come to work - IMPACT.
And this gives us the passion and bandwidth to have the vision to transform healthcare in Africa & Emerging Markets
The Ponea Spirit
We are a disruptive mature start-up daring to transform digital healthcare in developing markets. We look for people who challenge orthodoxies and who, when others are deliberating why it can not be done, they say, why not and why not now?
Let’s do it!
Our Culture - What we live by
At Ponea Health, we are cultivating a culture that supports internal collaboration, responsibility, accountability and strong team bonds, committed to inclusion, diversity and equity. We shun mediocrity, office politics and all manner of petty pedestrian nonsense. We look for people who challenge orthodoxies and who, when others are deliberating why it cannot be done, they say, why not and why not now? Let’s do it!
To create a transformational force in healthcare by creating direct interfaces between technology and humankind.
Our Vision - Where we want to go
To become Africa’s first digital healthcare unicorn & expand access across the care continuum, in emerging markets.
Our Ethics - The simple principles we adhere to
1. Authenticity - Be you, no B.S.
2. Forthrightness - Be forthright& responsive
3. Diligence - Be dedicated to the cause
4. Fairness - Fairness, Respect, Equality
5. Confidentiality - Privacy of sensitive data & information
6. Transparency - Be truthful, if you know you know
Step 1 Go to www.ponea.com/Jobs
Step 2 Click on the position that you seek to apply and you will be directed to our job hosting partner site www.fuzu.com
Step 3 Create an account in Fuzu and follow the instructions
Step 1: Review of the submitted Video's and then shortlisting of the candidates that make the cut.
Step 2: The shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a virtual interview.
Step 3: Final candidates will have a face to face session with our Founder & relevant sector Board Member.
Step 4: Offer of offer well be sent or regret letter.
Step 5: Contract signing.
Successful applicants will be expected to be available immediately for their roles.
Position Level : Management Level
Organizational Relationship: Functional reporting to the COS and Talent & HR Manager
Compensation: Kshs 961 - 1,201 per hour based pay inclusive sweat equity contribution
Payment Model: Monthly pay with a 208+ hours/month work schedule. Extra hours over 208 Hours billable at an agreed rate per hour.
Special Attributes: Entrepreneur mindset, developing complex diverse offsite and onsite teams, managing under chaos. Passionate about technology and its possibilities. Highly Disciplined.
Weekly Work Structure: 2-3 day /week office desk-based work and +3 days/week telecommute
Qualifications – Training, Development and Immersion lead
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
- Over 8 years of experience designing and implementing employee development programs.
- Experience working in a people-oriented environment
- Experience in working with generation Y and Z
FACET : INTERNAL LEARNING (STAFF/CONSULTANTS)
1. Training & Learning Strategy
- Learn,analyze and understand Ponea's business and operational mechanisms as well as interact with the key dockets and stakeholders in order to understand Ponea's current and future training and learning needs & gain the big picture for the academy
- Create a fully fledge, running and vibrant Ponea Academy whose main mandate shall to ensure that all staff are well trained internally on Ponea's core business operations & service delivery in the market as well as are well immersed into Ponea
- Create a Training & Learning strategy that is refreshed and renewed annuall based on the company's goals & desired learning milestones to be achieved within the Ponea Academy
- Work closely with the Talent & HR Manager in developing and implementing the Training & Learning Strategy to achieve quality impact and effectiveness
- Present the Training & Learning Strategy to key stakeholders for buy in & roll out
2. Training Analysis
- In liaison and collaboration with Talent & HR as well as other key business units carry out an annual traning needs analysis to identify key training needs within Ponea amongst the staff, consultants and management and develop a training needs analysis report & recommendations
- In collaboration with HR, carry out a training needs analysis based on the HR staff/consultant progression plan and create a proactive approach to staff development in line with their growth structure so as to develop them towards their next career steps within Ponea
- Carry out semi-annual training needs analysis at corporate and unit level through performance gaps analysis(i.e. with HR), job requirement analysis & consultation with line managers
3. Curriculum Development
- Develop a relevant and applicable curriculum for Ponea under the Ponea Academy that encompasses a comprehensive approach for Ponea to carry out effective training & learning as part of it's staff development
- Deduce the constant and key modules that the academy offers as a 'must have' for all it's employees at different levels i.e. Front Line team. Team leads & Senior Management based on understanding of what Ponea's intends to achieve in the business and in Talent Management and create a suitable Ponea Curriculum for the same & plan of annual roll out in line with the Talent Management plan
- Create a comprehensive curriculum roll out plan that drives value by the academy, elevates learning & knowledge sharing & bring on sustenance within the Ponea Academy
- Develop a core curriculum for Ponea's call center, sales and growth treams that is used for the training of these teams in collaboration with the respective unit heads/leads
- Work closely with HR in the development of the training aspect in induction, development of tools to bring on efficiency in induction & create an basic level immersion plan that is a 'must have' for all types of human capital joining Ponea
- Structure a suitable immersion plan for all staff coming into the call center, sales and growth teams who are pivotal to the business to form an extended part of their induction
5. Training Planning & Calendar
- Create an annual training plan & calendar to be rolled out from Jan-Dec of every year and is part of the annual HR staff calendar
- Structure proactive approach to training & learning at Ponea
- Plan out in advance key learning activities to be carried out ,identify resources needed for the same & procure
- Incorporate the training & learning plan into HR's Talent plan
6. Training Implementation
- Create relevant and modern training tools that work for Ponea's context, globalized location & staff spread & facilitate training in a time efficient yet effective manner
- Apply out of the box unorthodox thinking in the development of the Ponea Academy & training methodologies
- Liaise with other industry learning and training leaders in developing an academy that is delivers stellar, effective trainings to it's participants that inculcate both the desired hard and soft skills to Ponea's staff and in turn delivery value
- Train and source for qualified and established trainers in various relevant fields to carry out trainings in line with the training calendar
- Based on audience, collaborate with HR in carrying out relevant trainings that target to develop certain skills for various cadres and groups of staff/consultants
- At the end of every learning/academy season and training, carry out training evaluations and collect data on the usefulness and effectiveness of trainings carried out to be assessed by participants
- Gather intelligence from HR, Senior Management and Line Manager on what trainings/learnings are working for Ponea over time and which aren't to ensure that the academy is offering relevant and effective content
- Conduct employee/management opinion surveys periodically to gather feedback and seek areas of improvement
8. Training Budget
- Create an annual training budget that caters for the effective running of trainings & caters for the Academy's operational needs
- With transparency, manage the training budget
- In line with Finance requirement's account for expenses incurred within the training budget& carry out periodic expense reconciliations
- Peridiocally carry out a Training of Trainers internal program that is targetted as team leads, and managers and serves to equip them with training capabilities and content for training to be a continous process within the teams outside the academy
1. Training Strategy
- Based on business direction, operations, sales & growth strategy, develop a training strategy for the respective teams that equips them with the skills needed for job effectiveness i.e. Soft and tactical skills
- Develop a strategy through which the Ponea Academy can training sessions, videos & webinars to some of it's key business clients in the healthcare industry as part of additional offer and transforming service delivery in the healthcare space
- Develop a strategy through which Ponea can engage other members of the public through key learnings as part of our additional value offer e.g. Customer Service & care for health care administration professionals
2.Training needs analysis
- Trail the business and carry out training needs analysis to identify needs that could inform product development & enhancement as well as enhance our value proposition
- Create a training needs report as per findings annually with recommendations from the Academy on action points to enhance training within our scope of business
- Identify and recommend trainings that if carried out could better position Ponea Health as a market leader
3. Training of trainers SUB TASKS
- Through the TOT program carried out internally (leads & managers) equip these group of people in skills acquired to train Doctors, healthcare workers in interaction with the Ponea product and in enhancing service delivery towards their clients
- Enhance "equip the customer" approach in training of trainers to enhance relationship development & management in our client facing teams
- Plan annual training events to be carried out by the Ponea Academy to it's clients and stakeholders periodically
- Manage the training event's around this i.e. logistically and administratively with the help of the available administration resources
- Advertise the webinars/trainings through various media & gather quorum on this
- Through the incorporation of industry leaders and other authorities in the healthcare industry, carry out world class training events that serve to impart knowledge, promote out Ponea app and product and create a desirable "buzz" around Ponea
- Ensure trainings are carried out in an excellent and engaging manner that leads to repeat attendance by our desired audience
- Ensure consistency in training events carried out annually and relatable deliverance of value to the participants through the trainings offered
- Carry out evaluations on external trainings offered and report on the same
- Monitor the effectiveness in practice of trainings offered & report
- Create, manage and account for a training budget on this
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 7 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
Salary range: Confidential
Sweat Equity Participation & Yearly Bonus .
1 days left to apply
Ponea Health is a Netherlands registered mature startup that is focused on the delivery of On-demand healthcare, real-time price discovery, building trust among healthcare players, improving service delivery and democratizing of healthcare in Africa while enabling patients to have control of their health. We are leveraging on platform economies, fintech and emerging technologies to achieve this transformation. Our focus market includes emerging countries in Africa and South America with a over 10% middle class, mature SME’s, good adoption of Internet and Mobile and a fragmented Health Market Place. Kenya is our first test and launch market. Our contribution to Africa and other emerging markets that suffer from a highly fragmented, inefficient & inadequate private healthcare sector is to leverage the technology to drive access and lower costs to citizens living in urban areas. The Ponea’s ecosystem vision to grow in emerging markets provide unique competitive advantages from lower healthcare costs, convenience, discretion, trust and efficiency to all healthcare players and patients. Ponea Health first test and launch market will be in Kenya followed by South Africa and then onwards to selected markets in Africa & Latin Ameria.
Meet your new colleagues
1 days left to apply