Dar es Salaam Warehouse Manager
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 13 days left to apply for this job.
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, and Rwanda use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: Dar es salaam warehouse Manager
Sokowatch is searching for a stellar warehouse manager to be based in Dar es Salaam. They will undertake all aspects of warehouse manager for Sokowatch in Dar es Salaam. The primary goal of this position is to monitor and optimize inventory in Dar es Salaam.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Proven work experience as a warehouse manager for 2 years.
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices.
- Proven ability to implement processes improvement initiatives.
- Qualification in logistics or management
- Strong knowledge of the warehousing key performance indicator.
- Leadership skills and ability to manage staff.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Keen to details especially numbers.
- Responsible for the supervision and management of branch level warehouse team
- Responsible for the development and compliance of agreed-upon warehouse standard operating procedures across all warehouse functions (eg. loading, stock reconciliation, cash reconciliation, storage, stock counts)
- Responsible for the management of inventory across all branches. Ensuring each branch is not over/under- stocking on any SKU.
- Responsible for managing the communication flow between branch level warehouse managers and Kenya finance team with regards to timely payment for LPOs.
- Responsible for managing the communication flow between branch level warehouse managers and Supplier procurement teams to ensure timely delivery of requested LPOs.
- Responsible for the tracking and reporting of branch level agent shorts, inventory, and LPOs
- Responsible for the development of branch-level warehouse team budgets (eg. budget for additional personnel, storage capacity, parking capacity, offloading capacity, stock forecasting)
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself