Job verified by Fuzu
Kenya Redcross | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Research, academy
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
The data analyst is responsible for analysing data, combining different datasets and designing and delivering information products that are of use to the Red Cross. This person works closely together with the GIS expert and reports to the Data Team Leader
• Understand information needs by Kenya Red Cross Society and the regional National Societies decision makers and translate these into data analysis and information products.
• Develop data models for data intensive projects, applying standards where possible.
• Support Kenya Red Cross Society and regional National Societies in using the products, maps, and visualizations provided by the team.
• Review available open – and closed – (secondary) data sources and determine if these can be used instead of collecting new data.
• Review and cleaning of data.
• Analysis of data, both small and big. Development of algorithms to combine and analyse these data.
• Support and guide students and volunteers that work in the team on data analysis
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Research, academySeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Python; File management and data back-up; Data centre management; Big data and data analytics; Data collection; ProgrammingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply