Job verified by Fuzu
Malaria Consortium | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Data Centre Manager
- Post-graduate education
- Information technology, software development, data
- Manager (team leader)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Data Centre ManagerApplication Analyst
Ceridian Mauritius Ltd
Mobile Social Enterprise
KMBERIA AND PARTNERS ADVOCATES
Software Developer Technician
Blockchain on MongoDB
Jobs in Information technology, software development, dataMid-Level jobsJobs located in Uganda
The major purpose of this position is to support the setting up of the data centre, training of data entry supervisors and clerks provide ongoing support and supervise the implementation of PDCU activities.
The Data Centre Manager will provide data management support to the PDCU data centre that will be set up in Kampala and will work closely with PDCU Project Manager, AMF SubRecipients, data entry supervisors and clerks to ensure the effective management of the data centre and delivery of the required outputs.
• Responsible for data management activities including quality, completeness, safety and storage
• With support from AMF develop and manage development of the specification documents for database tables, data entry screens, data derivations and edit check programming
• With support from AMF set up and test the database and conduct data validation checks
• Track, validate and develop a database with data gathered from community and health facility surveys. He/she must ensure the completeness, accuracy and consistency of the data so that it meets the standards of quality expected for reporting to regulatory bodies. Ensure databases are validated and ready for transfer and/or analyses
• Participate in the development of project related data collection instruments.
• Participate in data management enhancement activities for project staff and MOH.
• Provide computer trouble shooting support to all the projects staff/partners.
• Actively participate as a member of the Malaria Consortium Uganda technical team.
• Adhere to financial, administrative and security procedures of Malaria Consortium Uganda.
• Adhere to research and humanitarian principles at all times during the implementation of the project.
Manages Data entry 20%
• Receive data from the Sub-Recipients as per the PDCU schedules.
• Be involved in recruitment of data entry supervisors and data entry clerks
• Train the data entry supervisors and data entry clerks
• Supervise and ensure quality data entry and validation activities are carried out
• Ensure quality data storage in both hard and soft copy
• Set up an archive for all data generated by the project Reporting 10%
• Provide high quality data summaries to Malaria Consortium, AMF, MOH District Health Teams, and development partners for evidence‐based policy and strategy development relating to PDCU
• Report progress againstschedulesto management as per the PDCU objectives
• Will work with AMF in data management and analysis and support preparation of project reports, manuscripts and dissemination of findings
• Work closely with the Project Manager to ensure effective implementation of the PDCU activities in the project districts in Uganda
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Information technology, software development, dataSeniority
: Manager (team leader)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Data centre management; Training delivery; Public health; Programming; Troubleshooting; Data analysisRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)