Job verified by Fuzu
Norwegian Refugee Council | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Data Management Intern
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Information technology, software development, data
- Intern or trainee
- Full Time
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been present in Somalia since early 2004 and has since expanded its Horn of Africa Programme to Kenya in 2006 and to populations.
The Regional Office is based in Nairobi, Kenya with offices and operations in Ethiopia in 2011. Since 2004, the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has demonstrated a regional competence and expertise in working with displaced Somalia (Puntland, Somaliland and Mogadishu), Kenya (Dadaab and Kakuma ), Ethiopia (Addis Ababa, Dolo Ado, Shire,Gambella and Asosa), South Sudan (Juba, Awil, Alek and Aweril) and Yemen (Sa’naa and Aden).
The NRC Horn of Africa & Yemen mission is an expanding programme. NRC started its operations in Kenya in the refugee camps in Dadaab in February 2007. NRC has WASH, Shelter, Education, Food Security and Livelihood and Information Counselling and Legal Assistant programmes implemented in the refugee camps in Dadaab, Kakuma and Mandera.
NRC Kenya would like to offer an internship for a person that wants to gain experience from an INGO.
The Data Management Intern will report directly to the Logistics Coordinator.
• Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
• Prepare and develop status reports as required by the Logistics Coordinator
• Promote and share ideas for improvement
• Perform according to the work and development plan
• Assisting Finance ensuring a paperless office
• Assisting Logistics ensuring a paperless office
• Ensuring HR records are effectively kept in a digital fashion
• Ensuring that all managers in the Country Programme have correctly migrated their files to One Drive and our regularly updating this.
• Assisting in all departments with ensuring that the relevant filing trees are established, functioning and regularly and systematically updated.
• Assisting all departments in the use of One Drive to share and develop relevant documents.
• Work with all departments to see that document filing in the filing tree, office 365 and intranet are well organised.
• Safeguard the existing archives and records for ease of reference and audits.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Information technology, software development, dataSeniority
: Intern or trainee
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: noneRequired skills
: Reporting; Document and archive management; Logistics planning and management; Logistics information systems; Database administration; Data miningRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply