DATA SCIENTIST – CREDIT ANALYSIS & FORECASTING
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 14 days left to apply for this job.
M-KOPA is looking for a Data Scientist who will support M-KOPA’s Credit department in analyzing, predicting, and improving our credit portfolio. They will design, code, and implement various credit models, including (but not limited to) repayment prediction, anomaly detection, customer lifetime-value analysis, and time series forecasting. The position will be central to M-KOPA’s ability to make informed decisions about our loan book.
- Drive model design, development and implementation in partnership with key stakeholders
- Develop a keen understanding of the business to identify key value drivers and root causes
- Proactively identify, design, and test data-driven hypotheses
- Build company-spanning frameworks and tools for measuring credit performance and evaluating business changes and pilots
- Design and develop predictive models to enable planning and decision-making
- Communicate analysis and drive improved decision making with the broader business in a straight-forward, clear manner
- Train senior business stakeholders on analytic methods, data-driven decision making
- Provide support and mentorship to analysts on various analytic methods
- BSc in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or another quantitative field and/or equivalent experience and independent learning (we are mainly interested in your ability to do the job)
Knowledge / Skills:
- 3+ years applied experience with predictive algorithms, 1+ years as manager in BI / analytics or related fields, experience with experiment design and analysis preferred
a) Hands on experience designing and developing linear and non-linear predictive models with real world data.
b) Strong working knowledge of time series forecasting methods a definite plus.
c) Scripting skills (in R or Python) are required.
a) Experience working with large and complex datasets, and combining multiple sources of data (across databases, types, and sources).
b) Experience building and maintaining stable dashboards on a dashboard tool (Power BI, Tableau) or over a framework (Shiny, Bokeh, Dash).
c) Strong SQL skills a plus.
a) Ability to communicate technical details to broader stakeholders.
b) Strong visual communication and design skills that are evident through presentations of models developedRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Data models and architectures; Python; Business intelligence; Big data and data analytics; Database administration; Database query languages (SQL, others)Required languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)