Debt Collection Officer
Banar Collections LtdKampala, Uganda
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have today left to apply for this job.
Banar Collections Ltd, a leading Credit consultancy and Debt collection agency firm in Uganda, offeringservices majorly to Commercial Banks, Government and Corporate Institutions
1. Handling outsourced debts and meeting collection targets in order to maintain a positive cash flow.
2. Perform skip tracing activities involving looking for debtors whose whereabouts is unknown.
3. Generate client debt cards and demand Letters and manage the escalation process..
4. Allot collections to respective debt accounts, keeping debtor information and balances accurate.
5. Support the debt portfolio management, for an accurate and up-to-date portfolio.
6. Identify and manage sticky, non responsive accounts and/or escalate for case management.
7. Handle client correspondence and ensure service level expectations and set turnaround time are attainedAttributes, Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Economics, Business Administration, Commerce or relevant field.
Additional qualifications in Banking or Credit are an added advantage.
2. Relevant work experience in a debt collection environment is an added advantage but not mandatory.
3. Integrity, Innovativeness, Excellence, Assertive negotiation skills and ability to assess issues/situations
4. Excellent communication skills, telephone manners and techniques and interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to work autonomously and take responsibility.
6. Ability to understand terms and conditions of contracts and outline a resolute collection strategy.7. Computer literacy is essential and mandatory.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 2 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)