Deputy Academic Registrar
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 4 days left to apply for this job.
Purpose Of The Job
To deputise the Academic Registrar in supporting the administration and organisation of all academic matters including admission, undergraduate studies, postgraduate studies, examinations, research and publication.
(i) Must possess a Master’s degree in either Education or Education Planning and Management, Human Resource Management, Public Administration, Management Studies or Organizational Psychology from a recognised institution.
(ii) Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Education, Arts with Education or Science with Education from a recognised institution or first degree with a Postgraduate Diploma in Education
Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements should submit their applications together with the following:
(a) A detailed and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
(b) Certified copies of academic transcripts, certificates, professional qualifications and appointment letters.
(c) Names and addresses of three referees.
(d) Copies of National Identity Card, birth certificate or copies of relevant pages of the passport indicating the applicant’s date of birth
1. To support the Academic Registrar in planning and coordinating curriculum development for all programmes and courses taught at the University and affiliate institutions of higher learning.
2. To support the Academic Registrar in managing the implementation of academic policies and procedures approved by Council.
3. To coordinate the management of admission of students and advise the Academic Registrar on their compliance to University admissions requirements.
4. To support the Academic Registrar in coordinating management of lectures, examinations, arranging for engagement of External Examiners and release of results in accordance with approved schedules.
5. To support the Academic Registrar in organising graduation ceremonies.
6. To support the Academic Registrar in organising meetings and providing secretariat services to academic related Boards/ Committees instituted by Senate.
7. To support the Academic Registrar in coordinating matters pertaining to administration of research grants and publications.
8. To manage and assess the performance of staff in the Office of the Academic Registrar.
9. To mentor, coach and counsel staff in the Office of the Academic Registrar.
10. To supervise the proper management of records relating to admissions and academics.
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)