Job verified by Fuzu
AMREF Health Africa | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Deputy Chief of Party
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Executive (director)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Deputy Chief of PartyProgramme Manager
Somalia Working Test
Deputy Chief of Party
Director, Ecosystem Division
Africa Conservation Director
Jobs in Project, program managementSenior jobsJobs located in Nairobi
We are seeking an organized, highly motivated and results oriented individual to take up the roleof Deputy Chief of Party/ Service Delivery Technical Advisor in the APHIAplus IMARISHAproject funded by USAID and covering the counties of Garissa, Isiolo, Mandera, Marsabit, TanaRiver and Wajir in the northern arid lands. The project works closely with the CountyGovernments, private and faith-based health facilities to support the delivery of quality HIV/TBservices, including support to orphans and vulnerable children.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:-
The Deputy Chief of Party/ Service Delivery Technical Advisor (DCOP/SDTA) provides technicaloversight of the program and is specifically responsible for project implementation that relates tofacility and community service level delivery. Reporting to the Chief of Party the DCoP takes aleadership role in ensuring technical implementation and ensures the program meets stated goalsand reporting requirements. Education
Minimum of Medical degree and a Master’s Degree in public health or a related field..
Knowledge of strategic planning, administrative, and financial management systems.
Knowledge of public health related issues.
knowledgeable about current implementation science and state-of-the-art deliveryapproaches.
Minimum of 10 years’ experience and demonstrated leadership working with USAIDor other donor-funded projects.
Seven years as a Project Director or Senior Project Manager managing complex, donorfundeddevelopment programs, preferably in health.
Extensive field experience in Africa, including long-term residence in one or morecountries.
A clear track record in provision of technical assistance of similar complexity andmagnitude to the one being procured Design, implementation, and managing of public health/ international developmentprograms funded by US government or other international donors.
How to apply
The job offer competitive salary and excellent work environment. Interested individuals withproven and visionary leadership and technical expertise in the health field and fulfilling therequired criteria should email their application stating their motivation along with their CV.
- Support County Coordinators and C&T Officers to develop harmonizedquarterly work-plans drawing this from the overall project work-plan
Support County Co-ordinators to establish and document weekly meetings to monitor implementation of work-plans
Convene weekly/ monthly management conference calls with County Coordinators (CCs) to monitor project implementationtechnical leadership role in coordination with GOK and other partners andworks closely with the M&E AdvisorCoordinates among USAID and key stakeholders and other implementingpartners and interacts with numerous GOK institutions andrepresentatives, particularly at county/ facility level.
Share issues and challenges arising from the field with Nairobi-basedteam and work to resolve them to ensure smooth implementation of fieldactivities.
Administrative andFinancial oversight
- Work with CCs to ensure field teams understand and consistently adhere to Amref Health Africa (Amref) rules and regulations
- Review and approve field activity budgets to ensure value for moneyand that they are in line with Amref and USAID requirements
- Work with CCs and FM to develop and monitor expenditure ofoperational budgets to support field activities
Support field teams to ensure they receive logistical support for project implementation as necessary
Facilitate timely procurement of goods and services for field teams
- Foster recruitment and development of vibrant field teams where the CCsprovide effective leadership
Proactively identify appropriate training/ capacity building opportunitiesfor CCs and other Officers that are in line with their performance plans andorganization objectives
- Identify and manage internal conflict through appropriate resolutionmechanisms, where necessary involving the COP and Human ResourcesManager
- Contribute to the consolidation of the Annual Project Workplans,including the Performance Monitoring Plan
- Receive and collate monthly reports from the CCs
- Contribute to the preparation and review of the quarterly performanceand annual reports to the donor
Participate in the quarterly donor and/ or GOK review meetings tomonitor project implementation
Provide technicalsupport andguidance to project
- Participate in relevant technical working groups and committees,provide feedback and develop networks to support project implementation
Work with technical team leads to monitor implementation of activitiesto meet set national standards and targets ensuring quality and integrationof activities. Ensures technical excellence in program implementation.
Participate in quarterly USAID and MOH field meetings to monitorprogress of project
- Coordinate response to technical questions raised by USAID/ MOH
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Executive (director)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 10 yearsRequired skills
: Project management; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Human resource and personnel development; Technical support; Project preparation and planning; Project implementation; Public health; Project Financial ManagementRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)