Job verified by Fuzu
International Fertilizer Development Center | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
- Post-graduate education
- Project, program management
- Executive (director)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)Programme Manager
Somalia Working Test
Deputy Chief of Party
Director, Ecosystem Division
Africa Conservation Director
Jobs in Project, program managementSenior jobsJobs located in Nairobi
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a public international organization (PIO) focused on increasing and sustaining food and agricultural productivity in developing countries through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise.
IFDC is recruiting for the anticipated USAID Strengthening Agriculture and Regional Resilience (STARR) Project based out of Nairobi. The overall goal of the activity is to promote increased agricultural production, investment, trade and resilience to shocks in the larger East Africa region including select IGAD, COMESA and SADC countries by addressing agricultural issues that can only be solved on a regional basis. STARR has the following objectives:
1. Strengthening cross-border agricultural trade and value chains;
2. Improved regional agricultural inputs;
3. Strengthening resilience;
4. Strengthening the regional policy environment.
- The DCOP will play a key role in supporting the program Chief of Party to effectively achieve the results defined in the project and will take the lead role in managing activities related to Objectives 2 and 3 as well as overall alignment between the various technical teams of the project.
The DCOP will support the Chief of Party in managing staff and providing technical leadership in the design and implementation of project activities. We seek an individual with significant broad and proven expertise in market systems, agricultural development with emphasis on the input sector in a developing country context, preferably in East Africa. The DCOP will complement the Chief of Party with experience in facilitation and systems approaches, comprehensive and integrated food security and agribusiness, and able to bring lessons learned from past interventions.
- The DCOP will ensure that the project meets all USAID requirements and complies with USAID policies and regulations. Key responsibilities include: 1) overall program responsibility; 2) ability to manage toward maximum effectiveness, efficiency and output; 3) apply a facilitation approach to implementation; 4) represent the program to donors, key stakeholders and host country government counterparts by assuming primary responsibility in negotiating terms and conditions of the program.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Executive (director)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Project management; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Operative management; People management; Non-profit management (NGO, other); Project implementationRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)