Job verified by Fuzu
Manpower Services Group | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Deputy General Manager – Legal Affairs & Board Secretary
- Post-graduate education
- General management, leadership
- Senior manager (department head)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Deputy General Manager – Legal Affairs & Board SecretaryGeneral Manager
Summit Recruitment &Training
Flexi Personnel Limited
Execution Center Manager Eastern Africa
Jobs in General management, leadershipSenior jobsJobs located in Nairobi
Our client, a State Corporation in the financial regulatory sector wishes to recruit a Deputy General Manager - Legal Affairs & Board Secretary.
• Overseeing the development and the implementation of Board and Management Strategies, policies and procedures on Legal Affairs.
• Overseeing the development of Schedules and facilitates Board meetings, Keeps Board minutes and other legal documents and also provides secretarial services to the Board.
• Preparing Board Agendas.
• Formulating and upgrading of Board Charter.
• Providing Legal Advisory services, Counsel and assistance to the Corporation and the existing committees.
• Monitoring and advising on the Corporation Compliance with laws and policies.
• Monitoring and advising on compliance with contractual obligations.
• Managing the panel of legal and other consultants.
• Overseeing the Development of effective cost control measures in the management and evaluating of service providers fee notes and invoices.
• Coordinating the development on the department’s budget, monitor expenditures against the approved budget, and take corrective measures on deviations.
• Overseeing the preparation of legal contracts and memorandums of understanding.
• Overseeing development and review security documents.
• Maintaining custody of the Commission seal and control the sealing of documents.
• Ensuring proper management of the Legal department Team through Evaluation and Appraisal of staff in the division and facilitate their growth and development.
• Overseeing proper management of cases.
• Overseeing the development and review of legal and regulatory framework.
• Engaging strategic partners and other regulators.
• Assisting in dissemination of legal information on public awareness.
• Vetting external communication to avoid legal and reputational risk
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: General management, leadershipSeniority
: Senior manager (department head)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Policy drafting and development; Lobbying, advocacy; Contractual negotiations; Contract drafting and preparation; Legal counseling; Meeting managementRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)