Purpose Of The Job
To deputize the University Bursar in the management of accounting and financial transactions of the University.
i. Must possess a Master’s degree in Commerce, Accounting and Finance or Business Administration (Accounting or Finance option).
ii. Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Economics (Finance Option) Accounting and Finance or Business Administration.
iii. Full professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, CPA or CIMA.
iv. Must be a Member of a recognised professional accounting body like the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU) or equivalent.
1. To supervise financial transactions in the Office of the University Bursar including revenue generation and disbursement of funds.
2. To manage the financial management system, assess and advise the University Bursar on its viability to meet the current and future needs of the University.
3. To assist in preparing annual work plans and financial budgets for the Office of the University Bursar and in their implementation.
4. To support the University Bursar in developing fiscal plans and in preparing, consolidating and monitoring implementation of University budgets and work plans.
5. To supervise the management of stores and assets of the University including maintenance of an updated Assets Register.
6. To supervise reporting on financial transactions of the University including the preparation of accountabilities, financial statements and update and custody of financial records.
7. To enforce compliance to instituted accounting, accountability and risk management systems for resources and assets of the University.
8. To support the conduct of audits and preparing timely responses to audit queries and mandatory inquiries whenever necessary.
9. To develop and report financial forecasts, including cash flow forecasts, to guide fiscal policy and financial management in the University.
10. To Manage and assess the performance of staff in the Office of the University Bursar.
11. To advise and make proposals to the University Bursar on the staff development needs of the Office.
12. To mentor, coach and counsel staff in the Office of the University Bursar