Director, Deal Flow Facility
FSD UgandaKampala, Uganda
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 12 days left to apply for this job.
The primary objective of the DFF is to match-make investors to high quality investment ready enterprises. It is expected to do this by stitching together a fragmented investment ecosystem of various actors including – tax advisors, investment bankers, legal advisors, audit, and accounting firms and more – all necessary to enable successful investments. The Facility that will run multiple cohorts for enterprises each year will build the tools and capacity building curriculum that will make participating enterprises stronger and put them on a fast-track to seeking investments when ready. Currently, the Facility is designed to a catalyst and not make investments itself.
The DFF will be led by its Director responsible for setting up and driving the Facility's strategy and operational aspects. The Director will bring strategic vision and energy to this work, leading engagement between the Facility and associated stakeholders including regulators, government agencies, industry associations, development partners, institutional investors, and other market actors. The Director-DFF will be recruited by FSD Uganda and will report to the Executive Director of FSD Uganda and the DFF Board / advisory subcommittee established within FSD Uganda’s governance systems. The Director will have two direct reports that include an investment analyst and an enterprise relationship manager. The Director and indeed the DFF will benefit from FSD Uganda’s established structures, market positing and financial sector work in Uganda.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Strategy Development & Execution ○ Build, and crystalize the vision of the DFF over the next 5-years. ○ Deliver the 5-year business plan of the DFF which include capacity building over 200 enterprises through the facility (through partners) and facilitating investments. ○ Build a high capacity, entrepreneurial, high output DFF team.
• Thought Leadership and knowledge management ○ Develop and oversee the implementation of effective influencing, advocacy and communication strategies that will support the private sector and policy goals of this facility.
• Team Leadership ○ Lead and coordinate the project team, consultants, and other stakeholders to implement the DFF strategy and workplan effectively.
• Governance and Financial Management
• Ensure strong governance by effectively reporting to the DFF advisory committee and the FSD Uganda Board.
• Own and manage the DFF budget in complete accordance with EU guidelines.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 3 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)