Job verified by Fuzu
Kenya Airways | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Director Flight Operations
- Post-graduate education
- Transportation, logistics, driving
- Executive (director)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Director Flight OperationsProcurement Manager
Summit Recruitment &Training
Manager, Supply Chain Management
National Police Service Commission
Supply Chain Manager
Summit Recruitment &Training
Tender Manager in Kenya
Schneider Electric Kenya
Jobs in Transportation, logistics, drivingSenior jobsJobs located in Nairobi
The Director Flight Operations is the corporate officer responsible for Operations Control of Kenya Airways Flights. The role is responsible for ensuring the safe, legal and efficient flight operations of Kenya Airways’ Aircraft while meeting the commercial requirements of the airline.
• Establish and maintain excellent working relationships for the detailed understanding of commercial, passenger, route and infrastructure requirements so that operations can meet them in a cost effective manner.
• Ensure that the airline operates within a safe environment at all times by conducting Company Operations in accordance with the limitations of the current AOC and Company Policy.
• Authorizing the specific flight operation(s)
• Develop and implement strategies and plans including manpower, training, equipment and budgets to meet the business needs.
• Ensure the highest possible standards of flight safety by setting and monitoring standards for training, operations, service delivery, security, reporting and communication.
• Ensure training and develop of crew and operational staff to meet all licensing and regulatory requirements to deliver a high quality, safe and efficient service
• Ensuring that crew scheduling complies with duty time regulations and all crew members are kept informed of any changes to the legislation and standards
• Ensure the effective surveying of routes, the provision of navigation, Aeronautical Information, performance and operational information to crews so as to deliver safe operations.
• Ensure routine monitoring of safety and quality critical activities and ongoing conformity with all regulatory requirements, organization standards and local procedures.
• Ensure corrective and preventative actions identified by quality & safety audits; investigations or other internal reporting mechanisms are undertaken within the agreed time frame.
• Ensure that Safety, Security, Quality and Risk Enterprise management policies are adequately implemented and monitored.
• Maintaining an open liaison with the Civil Aviation Authorities (CCA) or any external agencies on matters concerning the operations of all company aircraft, including any variations to the air operator’s certificate.
• Establish and maintain excellent working relationships for the detailed understanding of the commercial, passenger, route and infrastructure requirements so that operations can meet them in a cost effective manner.
• Ensure that the Company code of ethics is adhered to.
• Ensure proper succession planning and development of direct reports in order to improve efficiency and ensure business continuity.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Transportation, logistics, drivingSeniority
: Executive (director)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Air traffic control; Air safety; Airship piloting; Human resource and personnel development; Business strategy; Operative management; Aircraft handling (refueling, ground handling); Logistics planning and management; Quality control and supervisionRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)