Fuzu Exclusive Job
M-KOPA SOLAR | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Director / Head of Credit
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Accounting, finance, banking, insurance
- Executive (director)
- Full Time
The Director / Head of Credit will drive the development and execution of the credit strategy for M-KOPA. With a key focus on current markets of Kenya and Uganda, the Director / Head of Credit will improve credit performance, optimize the loss rate and provide credit-based analysis to the business.
- Share and utilize best practice from other industries and experiences to enable M-KOPA to build a truly best in class credit performance.
- Develop and deliver the credit strategy and policies, and complementary activity to optimize the credit performance of M-KOPA.
- Manage the loss rate and have primary responsibility in the following key functional areas: Reducing bad sales, Optimizing collections, Monitoring credit performance & Credit Innovation.
- Establish sound metrics required to measure business performance in regard to critical credit metrics and recommend initiatives to address any performance gaps.
- Manage the team to analyse both quantitative and and qualitative data to understand how initiatives are influencing business performance.
- Use of appropriate data management techniques and technology to measure, monitor and assess M-KOPA credit performance.
- Manage the productivity and growth of the team to encourage development.
- Manage collections strategies across Kenya and Uganda.
- Assist with the design and implementation of pilots to support growth of M-KOPA.
- Prepare quarterly and monthly credit reports, with appropriate recommendations.
- Experienced at representing the credit function at Senior Leadership Level with an ability to communicate complex messages and concepts to a wide variety of audiences, combined with a willingness to use data to act as check and balance to the commercial elements of the business.
- Extensive experience of managing a credit team, with a bent towards operationalising analysis.
- Ideally, but not limited to, experience in microcredit, mobile-money or solar power for low-income consumers, with an ability to apply experience to this new sector.
- Creative and critical thinker with excellent team work skills; ability to build and manage a cross functional team.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret and digest dynamic (potentially conflicting) information to make strategic commercially-oriented decisions in a timely manner.
- Insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- A background in collections is a benefit.
- Ideally a background in understanding engineering standards for the creation of efficient analysis of complex data structures.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic with a passion for innovation to drive business growth and success.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedJob start date
: Monday, June 4, 2018Contract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSeniority
: Executive (director)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Corporate credit; Data models and architectures; Data mining; Big data and data analytics; Risk analysis; Mobile payments, mobile money; Microfinance; Reporting; Internal control; AnalyticsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply