Director of Tourism And Wildlife
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 1 days left to apply for this job.
Please manually apply for this job using the details below:
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications in written by completing one (1) application for employment form serial number NRK-CPSB (1)2016 (REV. 2019). The form can be downloaded from the Narok County Government website http://www.narok.go.ke
• Candidates should not attach any documents to the application form; ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
• Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
• Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
• The Narok CPSB is committed to availing equal employment opportunities to all Kenyans. People with disabilities, the marginalized and the minorities are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce original and copies of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts, KRA, HELB, EACC and CRB clearances and Certificate of good conduct during the interviews.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
- facilitating, coordinating and monitoring activities performed by all divisions for efficient functioning of the Department;
- undertake special duties and programmes in the Tourism sector;
- responding to critical issues and initiatives such as tourism safety concerns, crisis management and Wildlife management policy implementation and reviews;
- coordinating tourism sustainability strategies; ensure regular surveys on impact of tourism on economic growth;
- coordinate preparation of tourism strategic plans.
- The officer will also initiate Tourism policy reviews and procedures; respond to parliamentary business;
- preparation of reports and briefs; coordinating local and foreign investment programmes in tourism; reviewing and implementation of bilateral and multi-lateral tourism agreements/protocols.;
- maintenance of necessary linkages between the Department and other stakeholders such as parastatals and international organizations concerned with Tourism.
- In addition, the officer will be in charge of all administrative matters in the Department including staff establishment and development, training, coaching and mentoring.
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),