Director Veterinary Services
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have today left to apply for this job.
Kisumu County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions in their respective Departments as listed below:
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website: (https://www.kisumu.go.ke/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Job-application-form-ksm2-1.pdf). All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th July 2019 at 4.00 pm.
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must attach clearance certificates from KRA, HELB, EACC, CID, CRB and Commission for Higher Education for degrees obtained outside Kenya.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Participating in the formulation, Development, implementation, Monitoring and Review of policies, laws and strategies in the Animal Health sector
• Planning and coordinating programmes on the control and eradication of epizootic and zoonotic disease and pest and compiling and interpreting technical reports
• Evaluating slaughter house design and making recommendation for approval
• Enforcing food safety and quality assurance regulation in local and export slaughter houses and other animal products processing plants
• Evaluating export/import request documents in respects to live animals, Animal products, by-products and inputs and making appropriate recommendation
• Planning field efficacy trials for drugs vaccines and acaricides
• Disseminating information on animal health, Products and markets collaborating with stake holders in providing Veterinary services.
• Coordinating Veterinary services at port of entry
• Organize disease search, investigations, monitoring, mapping and outbreak response
• Carry out investigation on anti-microbial and acaricidal resistance
• Liaising with training institutes on training and development of staff, students and interns.
• Planning collaborative activities with relevant stake holders in the Animal health sector and
• Coordinating inspection of private Veterinary practices and inputs outlets in collaboration with Kenya Veterinary Board
• Prepare projects proposal for resource mobilization
• Prepare and implement work plans and budgetsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)