To spearhead all the activities to Mainstream Gender in University.
Master's degree in Gender Studies, Development Studies or Human Rights.
Applicants should have a minimum of Ten (10) years' experience spearheading activities to Mainstream Gender, Five(5) of which should have been at Senior Level in a recognized Institution.
1. Oversee the implementation of Gender policy in Makerere University
2. Oversee strategic planning, budgeting, implementation, accountability of the Gender mainstreaming programmes
3. Manage the Human Resources and general administration of the Department
4. Develop, implement, review systems and procedures for effective operational management of the Unit.
5. Implement the resource mobilization, development and sustainability strategy of the Unit.
6. Develop and implement M & E framework of the Unit.
7. Provide annual financial and administrative reports of the Unit.
8. Review and update Makerere University Gender policy
9. Provide secretarial services to the University Gender Mainstreaming Committee
10. Represent the Gender Mainstreaming Directorate at strategic level at Makerere University and beyond.
11. Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Deputy Vice Chancellor (F&A).