Job verified by Fuzu
Enabel | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- High, secondary school
- Transportation, logistics, driving
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
Enabel (Belgian development agency, formerly BTC), together with different Government Ministries, are implementing the bilateral co-operation between Uganda & Belgium.
Enabel in Uganda, is seeking to recruit a Driver for Arua.
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their hard copy applications including a cover letter, curriculum vitae (CV) of 4 pages maximum and copies of relevant academic documents with names of at least 3 professional referees; their emails and telephone contacts and a copy of Valid Driving Permit.
- Drive persons and/or equipment for all Enabel projects at the duty station and on missions outside the station.
- Deliver and pick up mail/correspondence for the project and perform other administrative and logistical tasks as requested.
- Keep the official vehicle papers and logbook up to date.
- Drive the assigned vehicle in accordance with Ugandan regulation and with respect for the safety of vehicle users and the public in general.
- Keep the vehicle in a good and clean condition and well maintained.
- Report immediately to the Procurement and Logistics Officers or the Field Managers any damage caused to the vehicle by any means.
- Ensure that the vehicle is not used for any unauthorized means.
- Vehicle maintenance records and ensure report immediately to the project administrator any required repairs or maintenance.
- Ensure that all licenses, taxes and insurances are paid and up to date prior to entering the vehicle.
- Drive safely and ensure safety of your passengers at all times.
- In collaboration with Procurement and Logistics Officers, control the quality, time and cost of all supplies in the project.
- Perform any tasks as requested by Management.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Transportation, logistics, drivingSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: High, secondary schoolRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Vehicle maintenance and repair; Reporting; Driving license Class B, C, E - light vehicles & heavy commercial vehicles; Delivery service (postal, newspaper, commercial); Traffic laws and regulations; Supplier evaluation and managementRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply