Job verified by Fuzu
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (Uganda) | Entebbe, Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- High, secondary school
- Transportation, logistics, driving
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
The Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries received funding from the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) to support government of Uganda’s efforts to attain rice self-sufficiency through “Enhancing National Food Security through Increased Rice Production (ENRP) Project.” The project will contribute to the increase in production, marketing and consumption of rice for improved Nutrition, Food Security and Incomes in Uganda as well as support, build and strengthen the institutional and technical capacities, for sustained agricultural growth that contributes to the poverty alleviation and food security.
The Driver will be responsible for good care of the vehicle to it is in sound mechanical condition.Qualifications
Applicants should fill Public Service Commission (PSC) Form 3 (2008) here:http://psc.go.ug/downloads, in triplicate and attach certified copies of academic certificates and testimonials, appointment letters as evidence of working experience and two referees, one of whom must be a current or previous employer and most recent passport photographs. Applications should be addressed to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries, P.O. Box 102, Entebbe, and delivered to the Open Registry.
- Driving vehicles for official duty and assignments;
- Carrying out basic maintenance and cleanliness of the vehicle;
- Reporting major technical mechanical faults to the supervising officer;
- Maintaining basic records regarding the vehicles as instructed; and
- Ensuring the safety of the vehicle while on duty.
- Maintain log book for vehicle and advising on service and other requisite repairs.
- Ensuring cleanness and tidiness of the vehicle for official use;
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: EntebbeArea of work
: Transportation, logistics, drivingSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: High, secondary schoolRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Vehicle maintenance and repair; Record keeping; Driving license Class B, C, E - light vehicles & heavy commercial vehicles; Car driving; Vehicle mechanicsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply