Driver Onboarding Manager
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 13 days left to apply for this job.
Who we are
At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, SafeBoda is providing value to consumers, our drivers and passengers, with additional financial services, payments and other on-demand services to keep Africa moving forward. Currently based in Kampala, Nairobi, Nigeria, and Barcelona, we are a venture funded company that is already having huge impact on millions of people in East Africa.
The Operations team are at the heart of SafeBoda and are responsible for ensuring SafeBoda rapidly grows its driver community to improve boda transportation in Kampala forever. We are looking for an Driver Onboarding Manager who will be responsible for the successful onboarding of thousands of drivers in to the SafeBoda community. The ideal candidate will have experience of managing large teams and running logistically complex projects. This role reports into the Head of Operations.
- Manage business critical KPI of #drivers onboarded each week
- Manage our recruitment team - sales agents who are in the field interviewing drivers to join SafeBoda
- Develop a deep understanding of why drivers do and do not want to join SafeBoda and developing, implementing and measuring the impact of different joining offers.
- Manage the entire onboarding process for new boda drivers who are becoming SafeBoda drivers. This a logistically complex operation that includes training, tech and equipment readiness for hundreds of drivers each week.
- Creating a professional and smooth experience for all Drivers that attend our training academy.
- Managing and scaling our new in field training initiatives and measuring the impact of these
- Develop and implement improvements to the overall onboarding experience
- Manage a large team of 25 + resources consisting of recruiters, trainers and the onboarding logistics team.
- Have at least 4 years professional experience, preferably in an operations or logistics role
- Have experience managing and motivating a large team
- Be a hustler - the role demands a high energy individual who gets satisfaction from fast paced delivery focused work!
- Be emotionally intelligent and good at understanding and interacting with our drivers. Be good at reading the situation and adapting your communication style depending on who you’re speaking to. The driver is your client and driver happiness during the training one of your KPI’s.
- Exhibit the ability to navigate ambiguity, juggle multiple tasks, think independently and problem solve like a boss!
- Be a confident and persuasive communicator - outstanding interpersonal skills
- Be a SafeBoda super-user - love the product and be a passionate believer in our mission to modernise and professionalise the boda industry in Kampala.
- Live the SafeBoda values represent the company in everything you do and constantly fly the flag.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself