Job verified by Fuzu
UNICEF | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Teaching, training
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Under the general supervision of the Education Specialist, Level P3 contribute to the planning, implementation, and monitoring of strategies to improve quality education like mainstreaming of the Child Friendly Schools package (CFS) at the three levels of Basic education, namely ECD, primary and secondary, nationwide. The officer will play a critical role in the rolling out of quality education interventions to all counties, sensitize and build capacities of managers and community level partners, helping them understand their roles as duty bearers, sensitize county and sub-county level stakeholders for commitment and support, monitor performance by schools in improving the quality of education as envisaged in the new curriculum with keen attention to gender equality and inclusiveness. The officer will also be responsible for regular data analysis and progress reporting.
1. Support the rolling out of strategies to improve quality education including sensitization of key partners at county level, measuring learning achievements, training on CFS, learning outcome and assessment from national to county levels, conduct periodic project implementation reviews with county/sub-county officials, CBOs and NGOs and prepare relevant reports and recommendations. Assist in the development of monitoring plans and in the certification of schools complying with CFS.
2. Collect and analyze data for situation analysis, education planning, management, and monitoring and evaluation purposes. Analyze programme implementation reports and evaluate against established programme recommendations and Annual Work Plans. Prepare tables, graphs and other statistical data as required by education program.
3. Ensure regular field visits to schools to monitor project implementation, as well as current periodic reviews with government counterparts and other partners. Provide technical assistance to county counterparts in the implementation of activities to improve quality education.
4. Initiate systematic follow up actions for timely liquidation of Cash Assistance to Government (CAG/HACT). Evaluate and analyze financial, technical and supply reports to ensure appropriateness of documentation, expenditure on project activities are within allotments. Report to supervisor on the outcome of reviews for consistency of information in VISION and reporting in RAM.
5. Participate in development of sectoral workplan at county level, ensure compliance with specific expected processes and outcomes. Document good practices regularly and contribute to program reports including relevant sections of report required for donors, management and annual report. Generate documentation and materials that may needed for donor and media visits.
6. Coordinates with Programme Assistant and Operations/Supply staff on identification and selection of technical supplies and equipment ensuring proper and timely UNICEF and Government accountability. Certify disbursements of funds monitor and submit quality financial status reports to supervisor.
7. Ensure the accurate and timely input of project information in computerized programme system and the issuance of status reports for monitoring and evaluation processes.
8. Coordinate with national and international agencies working in the area of quality education in the field. Provide regular comparative briefs on progress in CFS mainstreaming for use by management and partners.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Teaching, trainingSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Project management; Quality management; Data collection; Training delivery; Project implementation; Project management information systems; Data analysisRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply