Emergency Medical Technicians
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 5 days left to apply for this job.
Job Purpose :
The Emergency Medical Technician is required to be one of the first healthcare professionals to arrive at the scene of an emergency. The main role of this position is to ensure timely arrival of the ambulance at the scene of an emergency, provide emergency medical care on site and in the course of transportation to the health facility. 24-hour shift work (including weekends) is usually a standard requirement of the job.
- Minimum Diploma in Clinic Medicine, Nursing or Paramedical related courses from a reputable organisation;
- Additional training in Basic or Advanced life support procedures will be an added advantage;
- Should be registered with relevant professional council and in possession of a valid practicing licence.
Essential Skills :
- At least 1 years’ experience in clinical practice, specifically in surgical/emergency/Medical departments OR in a busy health facility.
- Knowledge of Ambulance Service operations will be an added advantage.
- High level of integrity
- Should have strong communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Understands basic medical-legal principle
- A caring and outgoing personality
- Good communication skills
- The ability to make swift decisions and stay calm
- A good level of physical fitness
- Good navigational skills and driving skills
- Responding to emergency calls and coordinating with the emergency response teams;
- Assessing patients, providing emergency treatment, making working diagnoses and referral to appropriate health facility;
- Monitoring and administering medication, pain relief and intravenous infusions accordingly in line with one’s scope of practice;
- Dressing wounds/injuries;
- Transporting patients to hospital and continuing to provide treatment while in transit;
- Providing hospital staff with patient information including condition and treatment;
- Helping provide patient care at the health facilities;
- Communicating effectively with patients and their relatives/friends;
- Teaching and training members of the public to use first aid techniques correctly;
- Compile periodic reports;
- Adhere to the Professional Code of Conduct and Ethics;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 12 monthsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)