ERP Project Management Fellow
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 13 days left to apply for this job.
Based in Ruiru, Kenya, BURN Manufacturing designs, produces and distributes Africa’s best-selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood clean cookstoves.
Not only do our products save money, fuel and natural resources, but they also dramatically reduce harmful indoor smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
BURN manufactures its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility. We are proud to employ 225 team members throughout Kenya and East Africa, and support a workforce, which is 60 percent female, thus, empowering women in roles traditionally considered to be “for men only.”
Since 2013, BURN has sold 550,000 cookstoves in East Africa, which have helped more than 3 million beneficiaries save US$ 144 million in fuel expenditures and 2.5 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN is experiencing strong growth and expects a 50% sales increase in 2019.
We are looking for an experienced and energetic project manager to manage the implementation of our new ERP system for a nine-month consultancy, with potential for further extension.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Manage the ERP Project, set up and implementation.
- Work with the implementation partner on all the setup and hardware needs.
- Ensure the project is running according to timeline and initiate corrective actions.
- Learn howto use the system, develop training plans and train employees on the ERP
- Develop a detailed resource plan for the period leading up to go-live to ensure
successful changeover from one system to another.
- Develop a framework and plan for data migration.
- Work with the implementation partner to develop a framework for ERP system
maintenance, backup and updates.
- Ensuring best practice in ERP implementation methods are used during the
- Plan a post implementation timeline for support.
- Troubleshoot any issues post go-live and be the liaison person with the implementing
partner or ERP provider to solve the issues.
· Min. 5 years of experience in implementing an ERP system (preferably SAP, Epicore or similar). · Min. 5 years of project management experience (preferably from large scale IT infrastructure projects).· Strong oral and written communication skills.· A hands-on attitude and willingness to jump into a variety of projects and issues.· Degree in a technical field (Engineering, Computer Science, IT etc.) desirableRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),