Job verified by Fuzu
UNHCR | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
- Bachelor's degree
- Administrative, clerical
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Executive AssistantAdministrative Assistant
Indigo Financial Analysis & Consultancy
Uganda Law Reform Commision
Bomet University College
Executive Administrative Assistant
Jobs in Administrative, clericalMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
Guidance will be given by the direct supervisor who could be the Director, Representative, IGO, as applicable. The Executive Assistant liaises with colleagues within the same office, at HQ, and in the field, on matters of non-routine significance in order to prepare documents for the supervisor and manage the flow of information.
Regular contacts with external parties, including UN office and International organizations, are made to provide the supervisor’s contacts with background information on relevant topics prior to meetings, to respond queries on behalf of the supervisor at his/her discretions and to obtain assistance of others on matters of relevant to the office.
- The Supervisor is provided support by managing the flow of information and communications, prioritizing and highlighting issues that need addressing.
- Background documents for meetings are prepared in time.
- Manage the flow of information to the Supervisor, identify priority matters that need to be urgently addressed by the Supervisor and propose actions; analyze supporting documentation and summarize most relevant points for the supervisor; ensure that appropriate action is taken by responsible Section Heads on matters brought to the attention of the Supervisor.
- Follow-up on policies and instructions presented by the Supervisor. Keep the supervisor aware of developments in UNHCR¿s major world-wide operations and of policy issues related directly to UNHCR or to humanitarian issues under the broader UN system.
- Assist the Supervisor in the preparation of statements that represent UNHCR¿s overall policies and which highlight specific areas of concern. Propose and draft substantive correspondence for the Supervisor.
- Confer with Section Heads/ Directors to secure timely and authoritative information relevant to matters requiring action, decisions or the signature of the Supervisor.
- Ensure that the Supervisor is prepared for meetings and missions by drafting talking points, by researching relevant information; and by establishing contacts (within and outside UNHCR) on the subject matters to be discussed.
- Accompany the Supervisor to meetings and on missions in order to prepare notes on the discussions, ensure follow-up in matters raised, and support the Supervisor with any relevant input.
- Support the Supervisor in efforts to raise the profile of UNHCR and the agency¿s concerns within the context of the broader United Nations system. This includes ensuring that UNHCR is on the agenda of important meetings and events, and assisting the External Relations Officer with input from the Supervisor policies and activities.
- May assist the Supervisor in drafting regular information notes to the High Commissioner, that provide briefings on areas of concern to UNHCR and that propose areas where action by the Executive Office would further the objectives of the Office.
- Work with the Supervisor in developing, reviewing and proposing new policies and practices, or adaptations to existing ones. Monitor development of this policies and practices.
- Coordinate drafts of position papers and other documents relevant to the activities of the Office.
- Ensure that high-level visitors are appropriately addressed, that they receive background information as necessary, and that protocol is respected.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Prioritise tasks and organize work independently.
- Select and make pertinent abstracts and search for information.
- Have access to sensitive and confidential information.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Administrative, clericalSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Written communication; Document and archive management; Office administration, management; Ability to coordinate; Meeting management; PlanningRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)