Job verified by Fuzu
Kenya Pipeline Company Ltd | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
- Diploma, Associate's degree
- Food, nutrition
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Executive ChefNutrition Advisor
John Snow, Inc
BRC Team Leader
Summit Recruitment &Training
A Passionate Pastry Chef
Summit Recruitment &Training
Jobs in Food, nutritionMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
The purpose of the job is to carry out all duties in a manner as to maintain the standards as specified by management for the department of work as assigned by the superiors. It also promotes the desired work culture around the five core values of trust, integrity, respect one team and service of the center clients.
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job Reference No. KPC/ADV/52/2018) on both the application and envelope and send to the address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications and attach copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and National ID. Applications may be deposited at our Head Office, Kenpipe Plaza, and ground floor in the APPLICATION BOX or posted to:
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR,
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited,
P.O. Box 73442- 00200
• Daily preparation of the market lists and make store room requisitions and to replenish used stocks and conduct routine stock counts in the kitchen.
• Ensure continuous menu planning and development and ensure food is dispensed within the shortest time as per expectations.
• Responsible for the maintenance of hygiene and cleanliness in work areas and be the HACCP champion in the kitchen by effective and efficient cleaning and preparation of the kitchen production areas prior to during and after production as per the HACCP standards.
• Ensure that operational procedures are carried out diligently and that all the stations to which staffs are allocated are set to standards specified by food and beverage standard operating procedures.
• Formulate menus to cater for the different guests’ requirement and ensure that all costs of food production at all outlets are controlled as per regulations.
• Must ensure that all food and beverage items consumed are charged and to monitor guest billing and payment and all cash sales from F&B outlets are remitted as per regulations and that sales summaries are done as per regulations.
• Understand all the rates or package charge instructions and specials or discounts available to guests and is responsible for all transactions in the work station.
• Prepare monitor kitchen staff duty Rota, reporting times and breaks and to ensure that all food production sections are sufficiently manned
Responsible for quality inspection of all perishables receivable at the stores
• Responsible for the control of all operating equipment in their particular operational areas and liaise with the repairs and maintenance to ensure any repairs and maintenance is undertaken on time.
• Ensure that mis- en place is not only prepared correctly at the beginning of service but also sufficient for usage during the entire service time, still maintaining the standards as specified by F&B standard operating procedures.
• Assist and help fellow employees when needed putting in mind that flexibility in the work place is not only required but expected.
• Answer both external and internal telephone calls in accordance to the hotel telephone handling standards.
• Participate in any training / development schemes as required by management.
• Adhere and enforce hotel health and safety policy and procedures.
• Be conversant with short and long term marketing promotions and participate in marketing the hotel facilities and attractions.
• Adhere to the hotel operational standards and efficiency, courtesy and high standards of service at all times.
• Portray a pleasant personality and positive attitude at all times
• Facilitate and promote interdepartmental relationships
• Should not perform duties under the influence of any narcotics or banned drugs which have a negative influence on performance.
• Responsible for the control of all operating equipment in production areas and report any equipment failures and pass any maintenance information to the head F&B Supervisor and the center manager.
• Perform any other duties and projects as may be assigned from time to time.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Food, nutritionSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Supervision; Hygiene standards (food production); Kitchen management; Cooking, food preparation; Work place safety; Supply and inventory management (restaurant)Required languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)