Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
Responsible for all food production including all items produced for DELI. Menu Development, food purchase specifications and standardized recipes. Development and monitoring of food and labour budgets for the department and staff supervision. Responsible for maintaining the highest professional food quality and hygiene standards throughout the operation.
Education and experience
1. Bachelor’s degree or diploma in hospitality management
2. Must have at least 5 years in food production
3. Extensive food knowledge and creativity
4. Detailed knowledge of ordering, receiving, food costing and inventory produces
1. The executive chef schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks, and other kitchen employees to ensure that food preparation is economical, technically correct and within budgeted labour cost goals.
2. The executive chef ensures that high standards of hygiene, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
3. Evaluates food products to ensure that company quality standards are consistently attained.
4. Plans menus for all food outlets in the business
5. Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labour and other costs and monitors actual financial results and takes corrective action as necessary to ensure that financial targets are met.
6. Establishes and maintains controls to minimize food waste and theft.
7. Safeguards all food handlers’ work practices by implementing training programs to increase their knowledge about safety, hygiene and accidents prevention techniques.
8. Develops standards recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to asure consistently high quality.
9. Implements measures to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and works with the cost accountant in establishing menu selling prices.
10. Ensuring proper staffing, maximum productivity and exceptional quality standards; controls food and wage costs to achieve maximum profitability.
11. Develops policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updating written policies and procedures to incorporate state of the art techniques, equipment and terminology.
12. Evaluates products to ensure that quality, price and related standards are consistently met.
13. Establish and maintain a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and all kitchen equipment.
14. Supports safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.
15. An interview, selects, trains, supervises, counsels and disciplines all employees in the department.
16. Develops, maintains and trains a professional work force.
17. Ensures excellent customer service.Required education
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Personal training; Hygiene standards (food production); Quality control (food production); Food and beverage; Kitchen management; Cooking, food preparation; Team leadership; Work place safety; Supply and inventory management (restaurant)Required languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)