Job verified by Fuzu
CASSOA | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Post-graduate education
- General management, leadership
- Executive (director)
- Full Time
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are advised to send their applications, duly filled and signed EAC-CASSOA Personal History Form, photocopies of academic certificates, copies of national identity cards, birth certificates or bio data pages of passports showing the date of birth not later than 12th April 2018, quoting the job advert reference number of the position applied for by either registered mail, courier, or email (all soft copies should be in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat) to: THE CHAIRPERSON OF THE BOARD
P O Box 873,
1. Oversee all operations of the Agency.
2. Create a high performance organization that consistently delivers results by coordinating all technical, administrative, financial and human resource functions of the Agency.
3. Prepare and oversee the implementation of the Agency's strategic plan, annual program of activities, budget, and procurement plan.
4. Ensure implementation of activities while driving optimal utilization and productivity from all the organization’s assets and ensuring a positive return on all capital investment and operating expenditure.
5. Develop and foster relationships with local and international partners through engaging proactively with the industry, relevant government departments and other stakeholders.
6. Mobilize required financial, technical and logistical support from Development Partners.
7. Convene and provide secretariat services to the Board. 8. Develop and improve administrative systems of the Agency.
9. Promote a positive corporate culture and image of the Agency.
1. Coordinate the exchange of information among EAC Partner States and other partners/agencies.
2. Coordinate the designation of aviation inspectors with the Partner States as required to conduct inspections.
3. Identify and oversee training requirements for the inspectors, on job training, general knowledge in regional oversight system.
4. Monitor implementation of management policies, joint regulations, certification and supervisory procedures among others.
5. Manage the delivery of technical support to Partner States through the pooling of specialist resources in safety and security oversight.
6. Establish and maintain a register of aircraft accident and incident investigators who are available to the Agency from the Partner States.
7. Facilitate the sharing of technical resources in the region to conduct specified activities.
8. Liaise with Partner States and other stakeholders on issues related to aviation safety and security oversight, development of civil aviation regulations, procedures and processes.
9. Ensure standardization and quality of the Agency’s products, such as harmonised regulations, directives, procedures and processes for the licensing of aviation personnel and certification of aviation activities in Partner States.
10.Represent the Agency at international and regional safety and security oversight related meetings, conferences, symposia, among others.
11.Perform such other duties within the scope of the Protocol as may be directed by the Board or the Council from time to time.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: General management, leadershipSeniority
: Executive (director)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 10 yearsRequired skills
: Performance monitoring and evaluation; Budgeting, financial planning; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Operative management; Project implementationRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply