Executive Sous Chef
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 19 days left to apply for this job.
Responsible For :
Is responsible for supervising approximately all kitchen staff from all sections of the Kitchen: Main Kitchen, Satellite Kitchens, Beer, and Bones kitchen.
The incumbent in the position is responsible for assisting the Executive Chef in planning, organizing and directing the food production of the 11 food and beverage outlets and banquet or outside catering operations in order to meet the business requirements with efficiency and effectiveness whilst ensuring the highest standards of service in accordance with the operating procedures and Nairobi Street Kitchen standards.
Education And Experience
- Assists the Executive Chef in directing, controlling and coordinating the activities of all chefs and their respective brigades, engaged in preparing and
cooking food, to ensure an efficient, profitable and smooth service at all times.
- Develops attractive menus, specials and creates standard recipe cards with pictorials in line with the operating concept of the restaurant and the Executive Chef's objectives.
- Participates in the selection, training and development, and performance management of direct and indirect subordinates to ensure a professional well-trained
brigade and the efficient running of kitchen operations.
- In conjunction with the sous chefs in charge of the training identifies the training needs, develops the training plan and gets the approval of Executive Chef before the implementation of training. Follows up to ensure compliance and efficiency of training activities.
- Maintains high visibility during the peak period in order to ensure the smooth running of operations provides assistance if needed and takes corrective actions to ensure compliance with recipes and food presentation standards as well as guest satisfaction.
- Inspects on a regular basis all kitchen areas, including storerooms, refrigerators, freezers, machines, equipment and utensils to ensure they are well kept and that all hygiene, health, and safety regulations are adhered to by coordinating the cleaning and maintenance with the responsible people in order to prevent contamination and accidents.
- Anticipates and maintains all materials and food supplies and assures their availability. Controls usage of all food and beverage items to ensure no wastage and that an acceptable food cost is maintained without jeopardizing the quality standards and business needs.
- Keeps abreast of market trends and products offered by local competition.
- Assists in the annual budgeting process and manning guide and manages within budgetary guidelines.
- Accomplishes several administrative duties related to the position such as attending meetings, writing reports, maintaining a daily log, etc.
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself