Expansion Manager - West Africa
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 23 days left to apply for this job.
Location: Flexible, with + 50%travel across ECOWAS regionPosition reports to: Director of ExpansionBURN is seeking an Expansion Manager for West Africa, who will be responsible for BURN’s expansion strategy and incubation of operations in West African new markets. The position is
responsible for balancing immediate resources, ROI, and long-term potential of the new countries that BURN expands into. The Expansion Manager is also responsible for assessing potential and prioritizing all new markets.
Skills and ExperienceEssential:
Strategy: Assess, prioritize, and develop the route-to-market for new countries. Consult with and advise senior management regularly on expansion strategy and necessary actions.
Operations: Manage all operations in incubation countries - including management of staff, logistics, sales, marketing, and business setup.
P&L: Own the budget and spending of each incubation country.
ROI: Keep track of running and forecasted ROI for incubation countries, and appropriate talent and cash resources accordingly.
HR: Recruit and train country managers for incubation countries together with the HR department.
Business Development: Assist country managers in developing and managing new distribution partnerships.
Sales and Marketing: Together with the Heads of Sales & Marketing, develop appropriate sales and marketing strategies & tactics for each new market.
Market Research: Working with the market research department as needed, research and track potential new markets according to new market entry criteria. Manage projects conducting test sales in these markets.
Reporting: Produce monthly reports for the senior management team highlighting new market potential, forecasts, successes & failures, and path forward.
New Product Development: Advise the product design team with respect to new product development and market needs and desires in incubation countries.
- 3+ years Sales and/or operations mid to senior level management experience
- B2B sales, route-to-market, and supply chain, and new business development experience
- Ability to produce and present professional strategy, reports, accurate forecasts, and oversee channel sales plans
- Communication skills in both written and spoken English and French
- Bachelor’s Degree from University (Master’s Degree / MBA is a plus)
- 2 years sales or operations experience in West Africa
- Experience with sales / marketing of physical products (durable goods is a plus)
- 2+ years’ experience successfully developing operations in a new market
- Sales/marketing data analysis experience
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
French (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself