Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 8 days left to apply for this job.
One of our clients, a large educational facility based in Mombasa, is looking for a facilities manager who is a qualified mechanical or electrical engineer with a minimum of 20 years’ experience of maintenance and facilities management of high quality, high profile facilities.
Experience Required; Experience in managing complex buildings with varied and complicate mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing and low voltage systems
Experience in establishing maintenance regimes on complex systems
Specific skills required; Presentation and communication skills with the ability to express ideas in a clear and concise manner to employees at all levels.
- To be an integrated member of the Campus Operations Team and the Senior Management Team
- To establish and manage all technical and engineering aspects of the Campus equipment and systems, whether they be fixed or mobile
- To manage a team of technical personnel responsible for dealing with all aspects of technical systems and equipment
- To establish the maintenance regimes and procedures for all the Campus equipment and systems, to ensure optimum operational efficiency.
- To suggest and implement value engineering solutions to obtain the most cost efficient operations
- To introduce environmentally friendly operational systems that support the “green vision” for the Campus
- To establish, negotiate and manage suitable outsourced Facilities Management and Maintenance contracts.
- To establish and maintain a central workshop and stores, together with stock control and management system to ensure adequate spare parts are available at optimal cost.
- Coordinate and interface with the Faculty operations and determine maintenance schedules, which suit Campus educational operations.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)