Job verified by Fuzu
Norwegian Refugee Council | Homabay, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Field Coordinator-KyangwaliPrincipal Coordination Officer
Associate Programme Management Officer
Emergency Response Community Mobilizer- Garissa
International Rescue Committee
Jobs in Project, program managementMid-Level jobsJobs located in Homabay
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been implementing projects for Internally Displaced Persons and Refugees in Northern Uganda, West Nile and South Western respectively, since 1997. Having smoothly phased-out by end of August 2014 in the North, NRC reopened from September 2014, to compliment efforts of the Government of Uganda and UNHCR in supporting the South Sudanese Refugees currently settled in the Districts of Adjumani and Arua in West Nile. With funding from SIDA, NMFA, ECHO, UNHCR and UNICEF, NRC is implementing integrated projects in Arua, Yumbe and Adjumani/Palorinya refugee settlements.
The recent influx of Congolese Refugees to Kyangwali refugee settlement requires NRC's Emergency response in WASH and Shelter, therefore NRC now seeks to recruit a field coordinator that will overs see operations in the Settlement on behalf of NRC Qualifications
o Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a Project or Support Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
o Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required
o Previous experience from working in complex refugee or internally displaced context required
o Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
o Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
o Fluency in English, both written and verbal
o Valid driver’s license
o Knowledge of the context in Uganda, in particular Western region (DR Congo response)
o Experience with start-up and development of transitional programmes from emergency to development
o Experience in setting up emergency operations
1. In charge of all stakeholders’ relationship/coordination management with the area with the support of CC coordinators
2. In charge of the programme’s support functions/access for programmes related/security within his or her area of operations
3. In charge of internal and external representation meetings
4. In charge of the Kyangwali base, overall operations management
5. Ensure that all organisational policies are understood and being followed by NRC staff in the field location. This includes financial, logistics, human resource, security, standard operating procedures and Employee Terms and Conditions.
6. Oversee and coordinate the management of the Kyangwali support budget and perform executive monitoring of the programme budget; ensure sufficient budget management tools are in place for the field office.
7. Participate in reviewing and updating area programme in accordance with the changing needs of host community and refugees in the region.
8. Participate in the Grants Opening Meeting, after action review meeting quarterly review meeting and ensure the project cycle management is followed by all CC with the project location.
9. Ensure strong donor compliance, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and quality control procedures are understood and entrenched in all Core Competency projects and raise challenges and issues faced at the field level to the Country Director.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: HomabayArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Budgeting, financial planning; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Compliance; Operative management; Quality management; Programme management; Project implementationRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)