Field Functional areas
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 48 days left to apply for this job.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is mandated to lead and coordinate international action to protect and assist refugees and other persons of concern. It is constantly seeking talented, compassionate candidates with high integrity to strengthen its capacity to respond urgently to crises with the right skills. Given the nature of UNHCR's work, it is essential that its workforce has the right mix of skills and qualities to fulfil its mandate.
The UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) is in need of talents for their most common or sought-after job profiles at various levels, who can be deployed at short notice to a vacancy that best matches their skills.
Candidates should only apply to the Group II Talent Pool if they do meet the requirements including skill, knowledge and experience of the profile. UNHCR will use the Group II Talent Pool for the purpose of receiving applications from candidates who have expertise that are required for the functional areas. Please note you will only be contacted if there is a requirement for your expertise. These opportunities are at General Services levels (G1 – G7), in key functional areas at country, sub and field offices.
Cleared candidates will be kept in the pool for 3 years.
- Assist in monitoring the implementation of UNHCR programme including the delivery of all assistance items and monitoring of infrastructure.
- Assist in administrative tasks as required such as preparation of reports and meeting authorized personnel and assisting them during field missions.
- Act as interpreter in the exchange of routine information, contribute to related liaison activities and respond directly to routine queries.
- Collect data and other information relevant to UNHCR and report to the supervisor accordingly.
- Keep regular contacts with local authorities and implementing partners as requested by supervisor.
- In coordination with implementing partners, assist in the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Follow up, on a regular basis, the overall situation of persons of concern in camps and other areas where they have been accommodated and report accordingly.
- Undertake other relevant duties as required.
: High, secondary schoolRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)