KEMRI -Wellcome Trust Research ProgrammeKilifi, Kenya
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 1 days left to apply for this job.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) Mean Grade C Minus (C-).
- Relevant Diploma from a renowned training institution.
- At least four years (4) experience of fieldwork
- Clear supervisory role in job description.
- Be registered with relevant professional body where applicable
- Train and supervise fieldworkers, carry out regular visits and spot checks to ensure adherence to data quality, ethical guidelines
- Ensure questionnaires/ data forms are well completed and track questionnaires/forms sent back for call-backs and take corrective action including re-training of field teams on use of research instruments.
- Participate in planning and carrying out community mobilization activities.
- Maintain relevant census documentation and records.
- Provide support and guidance to the Field Workers on data collection, resolve any problems and report on actions taken.
- Prepare reports on field operations as required.
- Take care of assigned equipment including timely reporting of damages and required repairs.
- Participate in continuous quality control and validation; chair weekly Field workers’ debriefs; attend weekly quality control meetings; attend quarterly CAST meetings;
- Supervise and evaluate census enumeration/manual editing and oversee mapping
- Offer technical support to the Field Management Office on how best to nest onto the KHDSS and to liaise with transport and other departments to overcome complicated logistics.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Diploma, Associate's degree
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Other Jobs at KEMRI -Wellcome Trust Research Programme
Early Post Doctoral Researcher
KEMRI -Wellcome Trust Research Programme / Kenya
Institutional / Organizational Expert
Nairobi / Niras International
Programme Development Officer
Kilifi / Summit Recruitment & Search
Programme Assistant, G5
Nairobi / United Nations
Terms of Reference: Understanding Barriers to Vaccine Uptake in Kenyan Slums
Nairobi / Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO)
Project Management Specialist (Design and Implementation)
Uganda / U.S Embassy in Uganda