Job verified by Fuzu
One Acre Fund | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Finance Advisory Specialist
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Accounting, finance, banking, insurance
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
The Finance Advisory Services (FAS) team is made up of in-country analysts that are the trusted advisors to country leadership teams in the area of financial sustainability. Taking vast amounts of financial intelligence from budgets, spending patterns and project work plans, FAS provides concise, actionable advice around how to allocate resources to best achieve the country’s scale and impact goals. The goal of our small group of financial consultants is complete financial sustainability to efficiently scale impact.
To help achieve this, the Financial Analyst will work across functions on budgeting and quantitative analysis to give strategic advice. We are looking for someone with high leadership potential. This a career track role where you will learn valuable skills in finance and accounting as well develop a management consulting toolkit.
1. Budget (50%): You will work with departments in developing, updating, and tracking budgets. You will update monthly BVAs (Budget vs. Actuals) and associated financial reports for the sections of the entire program, working closely with our Accounting team. This requires excel skills and financial acumen, as well as the ability to maintain professional relationships and explain complex terms in simple language. Longer-term, you will own the entire budget process
2. Analysis (30%): Building on your budget work, you will analyze financial data for trends and give advice to departments, particularly to improve efficiency. For example, you may develop a business case around developing internal capabilities for print or construction. Or you might support HR in designing a new policy to improve our transport policy. Again, this will require a mix of modeling and synthesize complex information into actionable recommendations.
3. Cash Forecast (10%): You will have to estimate Kenya’s Cash-flow every month. This will require constant communication with departments to forecast any unbudgeted expenses.
4. Strategic projects (10%): In some cases, you will also implement your recommendations, such as piloting an efficiency play in a district or improving our KPI tracking. This kind of projects require getting into the field to understand our program and financials.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Budgeting, financial planning; Accounting; Business strategy; Financial analytics and forecasting; Financial reportingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply