Finance and Administration Assistant
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have today left to apply for this job.
Purpose of Position
Healthy Entrepreneurs (H.E) is a company originally based in The Netherlands, with its main activities in East Africa. H.E is specialized in the implementation of distribution models of reliable and affordable health products and information that enhance health and the quality of life for people in rural areas in low and middle-income countries. For the Kampala office we need the expertise to support the local team with financial administration and preparation and implementation of a wide range of developing, managerial and administrative activities and tasks.
We are looking for a highly organized, enthusiastic, and motivated individual to become our Finance and Administration Assistant.
The team works very closely together and this position reports directly to the Finance and Office Manager.
The role of the Finance and Administration Assistant plays a vital part in the administration and smooth operation of the Finance function and is pivotal in the coordination for the finance function.
The Finance and Admin must have
- Bachelors Degree OR diploma in Finance Administration or Business or extensive experience in the field in a similar position (min 2years);
- Good Microsoft office skills
- Good analytical, critical, and inquisitive skills
- Proficient in English language, ability to communicate in at least one local languages is a plus;
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills and ability to analyze and interpret;
- Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize competing demands;
- Team spirit; able to work with a wide range of people at different levels;
- The ability to communicate in a constructive and honest matter;
- The ability to be precise; honest, serious, and strict in the implementation of agreed procedures/instructions
- Demonstrated considerable autonomy;
- Must be flexible and adaptable;
- Must be creative and cunning;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and evening or weekend shifts, when needed; ➢ must be a person of integrity, reliability and agree with the code of conduct.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
• Ensure all payments are registered in the accounting software (Odoo) including cash and bank expenses.
• Daily tracking of incoming monies and updating the accounts.
• Assist in validation of invoices at the invoice date.
• Cross check reports against receipts from sales cluster meetings, drop off rotations, and face to face meetings.
• Ensure invoices are adjusted for sorted returns and follow up on invoices due for payment. • Scan and file all invoices, accountabilities, and vouchers in good order;
• Assist in preparation of full monthly financial reports; including Monthly budgets, P& L and Balance Sheet as well as Cashflow statements.
• Receive accountability from Recruitment and Training officers after training & District meetings.
• Provide assistance and support to the capacity building team of the team as well as developing or improving internal controls and operating procedures.
• Monthly reconciliation of customer balances and other bank & mobile money accounts. • Assist in the safe custody of Company assets and update of the Assets Register. • Assist in any other duty as may be assigned
• Participate in weekly team meetings and make presentations when needed. • Participate and report in operational meetings on an international level with other HE staff members from multiple countries;
• Any other duties as may be assigned
Place of Assignment
The main place of work will be in Kampala. The Finance and Administration Officer agrees to live in or around Kampala.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 2 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
Healthy Entrepreneurs has no other jobs
Nairobi / African Population and Health Research Centre
Thika / Bingwa Micro Capital LTD
Nairobi / Bingwa Micro Capital LTD
Uganda / Exquisite Solution Limited (Uganda)
Collections Agent Internship
Nairobi / 4G Capital