Job verified by Fuzu
Independent Medico-Legal Unit | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Finance and Administration Officer--(Grants Management)
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Accounting, finance, banking, insurance
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
The Independent Medico-Legal Unit (IMLU) is a governance, health and human rights non-profit making organization, whose vision is A World free from Torture, Violation and Discrimination. Our Mission is to prevent and respond to Torture, Violence and Discrimination by engaging state and non-state actors in rehabilitation, redress, research, advocacy and movement building, capacity building and accountability. Over the last two decades we have assisted over 5,000 victims of torture, cruel, degrading and inhuman treatment through the support of our national networks of professionals.
- University degree preferably in accounting, business administration, finance, economics
CPA (K) or equivalent
4 years relevant working experience in budget setting and grants management in an NGO setting
Strong financial and administration background
Good numerical, analytical and writing skills
- Excellent computer skills, preferably Ms Excel, Ms Navision, MS Word, Power Point)
Ability to organize work and prioritize tasks
- Shows integrity and commitment, and excellent communication skills
Fluency in English, both verbal and written, preferred
Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets
Experience in managing multiple donor grants and understanding of major donor requirements
Ability and experience in working in and providing team support
Familiar with major donor reporting including EU, UN, DFID, bilateral donors.
Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
Commitment to IMLU values
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk
GRANT BUDGETING, MANAGEMENT AND ACCOUNTING
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are in compliance with Kenyan laws and /or funding source requirements and that all such laws and requirements are respected and consistently followed.
- Support in budget development for the institution as well as grant budgets.
- Ensure strict adherence to donor contracts, fulfill financial guidelines for each donor through accurate and timely reporting and reliable financial records for future reference.
- Ensure timely preparation and dissemination of the expenditure reports internally for informed decision making.
- Any other assignment that may be given from time to time.
- Assist in preparation of annual institutional audit preparations and grant reporting/audit.
- Ensure maintenance of strong internal financial controls, and ensure compliance
- Maintain appropriate accounting records and ensure timely backup of computerized accounting data.
- Assist in implementing financial policies and procedures in financial accounting and accounting for grants to ensure compliance with the generally accepted accounting principles and donor reporting guidelines; for internal and external reporting.
- Support prudent resource management by expenditure verification from receipts received, float refunds e.t.c. and ensure that budget and expenditure reports are sent out to programs teams within the stipulated timelines.
- Manage the inventory
- Assist in departmental planning and execution
- Assist in line management of finance and administration staff
- Lead in proper recording keeping of grant files
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Budgeting, financial planning; Grant and fund management; Reporting; Accounting; Auditing of accounts; Quality management; Financial reportingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply