The Finance and Administration Officer will provide AFENET DRC team with appropriate finance, human resource, procurement and administrative support to effectively implement program activities, as outlined below:
Minimum/Preferred Qualifications and Skills
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Accounting or Business Administration with a bias in Accounting.
• Certification by professional Accounting bodies; ACCA, CPA is an added advantage.
• At least 5 years of work experience in a similar position preferably in an international NGO
• Knowledge and experience of Accounts packages and Ms. Office packages a must.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
• Must be proficient in both English and French.
• Experience in procurement and HR policies and procedures and administration systems.
• Experience of setting-up and managing office systems.
• Ability to work under pressure, deal tactfully with sensitive issues. Good knowledge of statutory requirements and local labour laws.
• Good planning and organisational skills and efficient work methods
• Participate in the Budget preparation and monitoring performance to ensure spending is within the budget.
• Check financial documents to ensure the accuracy of the information therein and compliance with the organization’s financial policies and procedures.
• Review payment requests to ensure and establish accuracy in coding and compliance with the project financial obligations.
• Undertaking a thorough review of accountabilities submitted by staff and sub recipients to ensure accuracy, reasonableness and completeness.
• Preparation of timely and accurate financial reports, advance reports and their submission to the Secretariat and other hierarchical levels for financial decisions.
• Maintain track of all cash advances and other payments to ensure accuracy of the advance balances and assist to reconcile them.
• Prepare budget versus actual reports monthly and share with implementers in the field
• Reconcile bank accounts monthly and have them forwarded to Secretariat for onward approvals.
• The Accountant shall correspond with the Project’s bankers to follow up any issues of concern;
• Ensure proper coding of all the expenditures is done in line with the organization’s approved codes.
• Update general ledger for all transactions incurred during the month in accounting system
• Respond to the queries/clarifications on the financial reports
• Ensure accuracy and timeliness of the financial reports that are submitted to Development Partner in accordance with donor financial policies and procedures;
• Ensure adequate preparations are done for the external audits and other reviews/audits as shall be determined by the organization’s stakeholders such as donors, Board etc and provide the necessary assistance to ensure proper conducting of such audits and reviews.
• Charged with ensuring confidentiality of accounting information
Procurement and Office Administration:
• Develop and maintain effective office systems (e.g., IT support, office maintenance, fixed assets register, supplier contacts), ensuring these are consistent with AFENET’s operating requirements.
• Support the efficient running of AFENET’s office daily operations.
• Ensure all procurement processes are in compliance with AFENET and donor policies and procedures. Train and guide AFENET staff in procurement guidelines and controls.
• Oversee the procurement of goods and services process from planning, solicitation of bids, evaluation and selection, awarding and contracting in accordance with the AFENET guidelines
• Coordinate pre-qualification of service providers and maintain list of suppliers, contracts management of different services providers, suppliers in accordance with the guidelines;
• Coordinate the issuance of Local Purchase Orders (LPO’s) and maintenance of accurate procurement records, manage supplier relationships
• Oversee management and control of inventory and AFENET assets
• Prepare quarterly procurement reports;
• Support logistics for AFENET’s DRC programme activities including travel, conferences and meetings, field training etc
. • Manage staff leave and attendance records including timely submission of timesheets Human Resources
• Advise on HR policies when required to ensure these comply with DRC statutory regulations.
• Ensure compliance with AFENET human resource policies and procedures
• Maintain personnel records
• Coordinate recruitment/induction in line with AFENET’s processes.
• Coordinate performance appraisals for DRC staff
• Ensure AFENET complies with all local labor laws. Registration of all staff members with appropriate authorities as needed and ensure statutory contributions are administered as per the prevailing laws
• Oversee the payroll process and maintain payroll master file and ensure that the recorded changes to the payroll master files are input accurately