Job verified by Fuzu
CIC Group | Kilifi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
- Diploma, Associate's degree
- Accounting, finance, banking, insurance
- Basic level (worker)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Finance AssistantUnderwriting Assistant (Nanyuki)
CIC Insurance Group
Bank of Uganda
Business Software Consultants
Timecon Kenya Limited
Uganda Revenue Authority
Jobs in Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceEntry-Level jobsJobs located in Kilifi
To receive, account for and ensure safe keeping of all payments both at the office and the bank.
• Account for all money received on behalf of the Company, arrange for daily banking and keep all money not banked in the safe at the close of business.
• Issue receipts immediately and accurately for all money collected during the day and allocate all the money receipted to specific policies or invoices immediately and before close of the business.
• Process Insurance premium finance cancellation notices and refunds to banks;
• Reconciling daily total receipt with the total daily sales before close of business
• Present banking slips, daily receipt control sheet and banking summary to the branch manager daily for cross checking and sign off.
• Maintain accurate and complete cash book and petty cash records on a daily basis and update all accounts records and registers.
• Prepare intermediaries’ commission payment requisitions and forward them to the Branch Manager for review and finance for approval.
• Reconcile intermediary accounts as instructed by Branch manager/Finance manager.
• Prepare ‘Certificate by Insurer’ and ‘Withholding Tax Certificates’ for branch intermediaries as instructed by the Finance manager.
• Reconcile debtor’s accounts.
• Keep and update registers of all received cheques from Head office.
• Keep and update registers of all received PD cheques and ensure prompt banking when they are due.
• Keep and update records of payment of utility bills.
• Facilitate prompt payment of invoices to our local service providers
• Handle customer complaints related to payment of premiums
• Provide input for the branch reports;
• Tagging and verification of assets
• Prepare member schedules premium and fund statements, utilization reports and replenishment letters to clients/ schemes;
• Safe Keeping and accountability of security documents: i.e. payment receipt vouchers and Receipts
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: KilifiArea of work
: Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSeniority
: Basic level (worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 12 monthsRequired skills
: General ledger; Financial analysis; Financial reporting; Cheque transactions (payment); Accounting IT-systems (use of); Cash management (company)Required languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)