Danish Refugee CouncilObongi, Uganda
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 2 days left to apply for this job.
The Finance Assistant will offer day-to-day financial support to the implementation Financial policies and guidance according to DRC financial management procedures. The position will work in close cooperation with the Finance Officers in Adjumani
• Responsible for the management of Obongi cash books for all project budgets and timely submission of weekly cashbook as per cashbook calendar.
• Responsible for cash payments.
• Ensure Project Manager-Project Support carries out physical cash count reconciled at the end of the week (Friday)/Month.
• Support in preparing monthly bank reconciliation and maintaining an updated bank reconciliation file.
• Support in filling returns (WHT LST and VAT) on monthly basis
• Reviews Obongi vouchers before scanning and Supervise scanning of cover sheets and supporting documents and sees that proper filing is done in accordance with donor /DRC requirements.
• Update missing receipt database and share with Supply chain/ admin department for follow up. Ensure to inform Finance officers on log outstanding receipts.
• Assist in internal and external audits
• Ensure to review open X (balance sheet items) for correctness before posting into the cashbook and maintain Cash advice register.
Support in proper filling of all rebooked transactions
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 2 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Danish Refugee Council has no other jobs
Nairobi / E-Plus
Graduate Recruitment 2021
Nairobi / PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
Credit Analyst - Global Role
Nairobi / M-KOPA SOLAR
Ruiru / Burn
Senior Internal Auditor-Bukomansimbi District Local Government
Uganda / Ministry of Local Government (Uganda)