Job verified by Fuzu
Summit Recruitment &Training | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Accounting, finance, banking, insurance
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Our client, who runs a vehicle workshop and garage based in Karen specializing in Land Rovers is looking to recruit a Finance Assistant/Officer. The ideal candidate should have prior experience handling stocks in a similar environment.
- Manage the petty cash account and ensure max limit is not exceeded.
- Ensure that employee cash advance account is up to date.
- Review all supplier invoices and have them signed off by procurement department.
- Prepare cheques and bank payments for MD to sign and approve.
- Review estimates from inventory team, print for approval and then create invoices.
- Receive payments from customers by mpesa, cheque and online banking.
- Ensure all customer payments are applied to the correct invoices.
- Keep the integrity of the core data in the finance system
- Ensuring and up dated customer accounts are correct and that all supplier.
- Check PINs of every supplier that charges VAT to ensure input VAT can be claimed back.
- Ensure a very organised and detailed system for filing is created and followed
- Report any employee cash advances to MD if not cleared within 1 week.
- Receive cash payments for stores and ensure that they are correctly recorded.
- Ensure all cheques are deposited to the bank in a timely manner.
- Ensure all capex is correctly recorded and depreciated.
- Ensure all expenditure is correctly classed as inventory or relevant account on the P&L.
- Reconcile petty cash, mpesa accounts and bank accounts.
- Prepare payroll spreadsheet and have it approved by MD before processing.
- Make monthly submissions for NHIF, NSSF, PAYE, NITA, withholding tax and VAT.
- Observe monthly stock counts to ensure correct processes followed.
- Keep track of tax and compliance requirements for the company.
- Develop relationship with banking officials, KRA officials etc.
- Any other tasks as requested by management.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Budgeting, financial planning; Reporting; Accounting; Invoicing; Management of financial resources; Tax returns; Payment collectionRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply