Job verified by Fuzu
United Nations Populations Fund (UNFPA) | Kampala, Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Accounting, finance, banking, insurance
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
The Finance Associate is located in Uganda Country Offices (CO) and reports to Finance Analyst under the overall guidance of International Operational Managers.
The Finance Associate delivers quality financial services to internal and external clients mastering all relevant rules, guidelines, processes and procedures. S/he takes a client-oriented results-focused approach to interpreting the rules, procedures and guidelines, providing support and guidance to the CO and UNFPA-supported projects.
- Supports the monitoring of programme financial performance for all core and non-core resources by providing necessary financial information and analysis, including implementation rate against indicators/results. Detects potential over/ under expenditure problems and proposes remedial action.
- Develops tools and mechanisms for effective and efficient monitoring of programme and project budgets, coordinates compilation of financial data and provides accurate and up-dated financial information to HQ/RO/SRO on a continuous basis.
- Interprets financial policies and procedures and provides guidance and training to staff and project managers. Strives to identify ways in which programme financial needs can be met within existing policies.
- Assists in the management of the Country Office budget by budget formulation, controlling allotments, monitoring expenditures, and preparing revisions according to the needs of the Country Office.
- Maintains an effective financial recording and reporting system, internal control and audit follow-up, and processes financial transactions in an accurate and timely way.
- Reviews and monitors charges for common services and cost recovery taking into account maximum cost efficiency and represents UNFPA’s interests in related negotiations and agreements.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: KampalaArea of work
: Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Budgeting, financial planning; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Cost tracking, analysis; Financial reporting; Financial controlling; Project Financial ManagementRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply