Fuzu Exclusive Job
Ascent Africa | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Accounting, finance, banking, insurance
- Manager (team leader)
- Full Time
The Finance Manager will offer strategic leadership and take responsibility for all finance functions in the Company outlets in accordance with established professional standards, policies and procedures.
1. Coordinate and manage the deliverables of all staff in the Finance department.
2. To manage and develop the staff within the finance team through staff supervision, appraisal, coaching and monitoring.
3. Welcome and prepare for the induction of new members of the department and any other new members of the Team where appropriate.
4. Develop and review work plans and set targets for the finance team staff.
5. Periodically evaluate and appraise the performance of the Finance department staff.
6. Identify skills and knowledge gaps and propose remedies to build capacity of department staff.
7. Approve (or decline) requests made by department staff for facilitation, support and benefits to a limit defined by the department policy.
8. Receive and address all queries, suggestions and disciplinary issues that may arise and where necessary escalate them.
9. Contribute significantly to the development and implementation of the company’s Strategic Plan by developing and maintaining appropriate and effective financial strategies, plans and policies.
10. To develop, manage and maintain all financial systems and internal controls
11. Provide advice and training to budget holders and staff within the various outlets on finance related procedures, issues and budgetary control.
12. Offer guidance, mentorship and leadership in design, development and management of processes that support the finance and operational functions of the company.
13. Manage the progress and achievement of the finance goals and objectives and ensure effective utilization of financial resources.
14. Provide strategic input on the effective gathering, analysis and dissemination of financial information throughout the chain.
15. Assist in developing and administering of the annual/periodic budgets in collaboration with budget holders in the various outlets, providing reporting mechanisms to facilitate overall budgetary control.
16. Consolidate financial information and provide narrative for management accounts to support financial decision making.
17. Oversee compliance with all statutory requirements and practices.
18. Manage the financial forecasting process to produce relevant, accurate and timely financial forecasts.
19. Actively facilitate and coordinate both internal and external audits and lead the development of action plans based on audit recommendations, and monitor progress.
20. Ensure that the relevant reconciliation, financial reports and audits are completed accurately and on time.
21. Provide leadership in monitoring and reporting on financial risk and influence Management and outlet supervisors into monitoring all operational financial risks.
22. Maintain up to date knowledge of financial legislation and good practice to ensure that the company complies with all legal and statutory requirements and actively stays at the forefront of financial management practice.
23. Carry out any other responsibilities, tasks and activities as may reasonably be required.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSeniority
: Manager (team leader)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Performance monitoring and evaluation; Accounting; Business strategy; Financial analytics and forecasting; Management of financial resources; Financial controlling; CPA certificationRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply