Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 14 days left to apply for this job.
- Manage and Coordinate the financial functions and team ensuring respective financial
and accounting tasks are concluded within set timelines, providing and
interpreting financial reports
- Ensure timely generation of monthly management accounts and yearly financial reports
for external audit as requested and within set timelines.
- Establish accurate budget, forecast, financial simulations and specific analyses and
reports in consultation with the relevant executive team members and the
- Give operational support and financial guidance to the Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia
- Implementation of Navision system, ensuring proper utilization of the financial function for efficiency in service delivery
- Set and give direction on controls; sales policies and Navision system policy,
- In charge of all internal controlling aspects and financial processes to ensure
- Monitor, review and assess financial performance.
- Explore and evaluate options and implement initiatives to continually improve finance
- Operational contact and responsible for liaising with auditors, external financial bodies
such as court auditors, regulatory bodies, and any other relevant partners and
- Ensure compliance with fiscal requirements and advise the management on any changes in financial, tax regulations and legislations
- Responsible for timely collection of receivables and for payables
- Ensure timely and accurate, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Monitoring the depots/branches and randomly checking on compliance of sales processes and policies.
- Management of all company assets; fixed and movable, including fleet and fixed assets
management, ensuring replacement of such assets as vehicles within acceptable
- Monitor the stock holdings ensuring that month end stock take is done at all
depots/branches and reconciliation documents sent and analyzed by the team to
ensure physical stock holding agrees with Navision system.
- Review and approval all LPOs, payables and costings, making changes as necessary
- Ensure tax compliance and statutory payments, and remittance within set time frames
- Monitor expenditures (including wage and bonus bill, administration costs, distribution
costs, warranty costs etc.) analyze revenues and determine budget variances and
report the same to management. Propose and implement corrective
actions aiming to achieve and exceed approved targets.
- Monitor and review credit control limits, trade discounts, monthly debtors listing and
- Monitoring of profit margins for all product types, ensuring delivery of decent profit
margins on all products.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost reduction opportunities
- Develop financial management mechanisms (including controls) that continuously minimize financial risks and fraud
- Managing and monitoring the company’s annual capital expenditure
- Any other duties that may be delegated from time to time
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or a related field of study. A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Relevant professional qualification; ACCA or CPA-K
- Member of a relevant professional body e.g. ICPAK
- 7 – 10 years of experience as a Finance Manager.
- Experience in a retail business environment/ branch management
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Knowledge of an ERP (Microsoft Dynamics 2017-Navision) is a plus.
- Good knowledge of the country’s tax system.
- Knowledge of IFRS principles
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Executive disposition, and demonstrate high levels of integrity.
- Performance oriented.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Hands on, business awareness and customer oriented.
- Talent for problem solving.
- Good managerial skills.
- Big picture thinking capacity.
- Ability to sell the vision, Business/ Financial Acumen, Business Savvy, Innovative.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 7 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
14 days left to apply
Chloride Exide Kenya Limited
Chloride Exide, has three locally owned limited liability companies in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania. Chloride Exide Kenya Limited (CEKL) was established in 1963, Chloride Exide Tanzania Limited ( CETL ) was established in 1966 and Chloride Exide Uganda Limited ( CEUL) was established in 2001. Chloride Exide's core business is distribution of automotive batteries, solar systems installation, backup systems installation, and solar water heating systems installations. Chloride Exide has grown from a single based operation to being the largest battery and renewable energy distributor in the East African region while enjoying considerable presence in the COMESA trading block. Of particular pride is our strong brand supported by a region wide network of over 18 branches and over 1500 dealers across the East African Region.
Meet your new colleagues
14 days left to apply