Ilara HealthNairobi, Kenya
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 20 days left to apply for this job.
About the company
Ilara Health is on a mission to make diagnostics affordable for Africa. Founded by entrepreneurs passionate about healthcare, Ilara Health brings in technology powered diagnostics from around the world and provides financing to make these diagnostics products available in low to middle income communities, all integrated in the near future via a tech platform.
Ilara Health is a venture funded company on an aggressive growth path and this is an opportunity to get into an exciting, early stage tech start-up that is bound to make an impact on healthcare outcomes in Africa.
We are looking for a super-smart finance and accounting professional to lay the foundation of our in-house finance function. This person will build Ilara Health’s finance team from the ground up and will eventually be in a position to move into a Head of Finance or a CFO role.
- Build and refine revenue and cost accounting processes
- Coordinate with outsourced accountants to get monthly/weekly accounting reports
- Build in house capacity for accounting
- Ensure tax/regulatory compliance on all fronts (payroll, logistics, sales)
- Manage company budgeting and planning processes
- Provide management constant visibility on P&L and key financial metrics
- Support management on capital markets strategy and opportunities (ie working capital, debt and equity financing)
- 3 - 5 years finance experience at a top-tier investment bank, management consulting firm, investment fund, accountancy firm or large-cap corporate
- Degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting or Business Administration; MBA / CFA / CPA preferred
- Prior work experience across Sub-Saharan African markets strongly preferred, experience with cross-regional teams and stakeholders a plus
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 3 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself