Fuzu Exclusive Job
PROTO ENERGY LIMITED | Thika, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
- Post-graduate education
- Accounting, finance, banking, insurance
- Senior manager (department head)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Finance ManagerAssistant Accountant
Principal Internal Auditor
Kenya Industrial Research and Development Institute
White Labelled Employer
Head of Credit
Summit Recruitment &Training
Jobs in Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSenior jobsJobs located in Thika
The Financial Manager position is accountable for the administrative, financial and risk management operations of the company. This include the development, monitoring and report generation from a financial and operational system designed to preserve company assets, report accurate financial results and provide timely and accurate financial information.
Oversee the issuance of financial information on a timely basis.
Report financial results to the CFO.
Report and provide analysis of financial performance benchmarks to guide business planning which includes relevant ratios to guide appropriate decision making by management.
Setting up and operate a budget management system which should include a model for tracking performance of company
Generation of appropriate reports that adequately inform the strategic business heads on their levels of performance and highlights relevant performance variances.
Provide timely and accurate treasury management control and reporting.
Establish and maintain information systems for both external and internal management and to ensure reporting standards (quality and timeliness) to other stakeholders are consistently met.
Establish and maintain operational risk management systems to ensure compliance standards are consistently met within Finance & Admin department.
Ensuring the financial systems are adequately secure and processing therein is accordance with laid down processes and procedure.
Present the management accounts to the CFO for reporting to the Executive Committee monthly
Enforce Accounting and Reporting Policy
Ensure compliance to the existing tax laws and provision of tax efficient operations.
Prepare the Company books for audit and facilitate the audit process and calculation of corporate tax due.
Manage the staff of the department
1. Prepare business plans and profitability targets based on thorough understanding and analysis of each product costs and revenue potential under direction from the CFO and Executive Board.
2. Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
3. Monitor and report on the implementation of strategic business plans.
4. Assist with the development of financial and tax strategies.
5. Manage the capital request and budgeting processes.
6. Assist with the development of performance measures that support the company's strategic direction.
1. Manage the department to ensure effectiveness and efficiency in all areas of operations.
2. Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
3. Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
4. Manage the accounting, investor relations, tax, and treasury departments
5. Manage the relationship with key third parties, including the company’s bankers, auditors, insurers, brokers and taxation compliance manager.
6. Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
7. Implement operational best practices
8. Oversee teamwork in the department and cross department
Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile and report risk issues to the CFO, audit committee of the board of directors
Operate reliable and consistent record keeping and control systems in compliance with regulatory, audit and management requirements, ensuring mitigation of the risks of misreporting or fraud.
Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements and monitor and report on any open legal issues involving the company and/or industry.
Receive and act on both internal and external audit reports.
DECISION-MAKING PARAMETERS AND AUTHORITY LEVELS
- Appropriation of staffing levels and talent hiring within the department budget
- Actions pertaining to performance recognition and discipline of staff within the department as provided for in Human Resources Policies
- Expenses approval as provided for in the Group Finance policy
Establishment of Tendering committee to facilitate faster decision making on procurement of services and tools.
Setting-up of expenditure limits and defining authority levels in consultation with CFO and the Board
Approval of budgets for Departments to facilitate monitoring and control in consultation with CFO
Payroll process control
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedJob start date
: Monday, April 3, 2017Contract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: ThikaArea of work
: Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSeniority
: Senior manager (department head)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Financial controlling; Financial analytics and forecasting; Treasury management; Management of financial resources; Reporting; Risk analysis; Risk management; CPA certification; Accounting; Budgeting, financial planningRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)