Royal Nairobi Golf Club (RNGC)Nairobi, Kenya
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have today left to apply for this job.
Royal Nairobi Golf Club is a prestigious private members’ Golf Club that provides world class golfing and recreational facilities. RNGC is located in very close proximity to vibrant Nairobi city along Muchai drive off Ngong Road. RNGC has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and are committed to continual improvement. The ideal candidates are to be team players with the ability to effectively provide leadership in Finance department and add value to a wide range of professionals.Responsible for providing financial and administrative support to the Club.
Experience & background needed
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting commerce together with professional qualifications in CPA (K)/ ACCA. A Master’s degree is an added advantage.
• At least six (6) years of experience managing a finance department, preferably hospitality sector.
• Member of ICPAK/ ACCA or a recognized accounting professional body.
• Computer literate with special skills on POS software and ERP.
• MUST have exceptional leadership skills- able to provide leadership and manage a team of Accountants.
• Must be a person of high integrity.
• Experience with computerized accounting.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
1. Financial reports
• Develop and maintain timely and accurate monthly financial statements and reports with necessary commentaries.
• Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting internal controls, policies and procedures.
• Oversee the maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash- flow reporting.
2. Budget preparation & monitoring
• Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation
• Prepare the bi-annual and annual budget in consultation with the General Manager.
• Responsible for reviewing annual budgets.
• Budget performance variance analysis.
• Ensure that all monthly reconciliations are done on time and submitted to concerned stakeholders on allocated deadlines.
• Creation and management of monthly audit schedules file.
4. Cashflow Management
• Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
• Management and projection of cash-flow.
• Reconcile bank and investment accounts.
5. Asset Management
• Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate.
6. Record management
• Ensure that all records are properly filled referenced and archived systematically.
• Monitors all local tax compliance that applies, and ensure taxes are charged correctly and collected.
• Responsible for verifying all financial reports and ensuring that all transactions are accurate and in compliance with local government regulations.
• Responsible for the local tax authority compliance.
• Assists proactively with cost control requirements.
• Oversees internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
• Spot check on different sections/areas with a monthly report of the same.
• Provides excellent leadership within the Club, fosters teamwork.
• Conducts regular finance department meetings.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
• Responsible for ensuring disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed per Club Policies and Labour requirements.
• Any other tasks as and when required by the management.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 7 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
Other Jobs at Royal Nairobi Golf Club (RNGC)
Royal Nairobi Golf Club (RNGC) / Nairobi
Nairobi / An Anonymous Employer in the Horticultural Industry
Receivable/Payable Accountant – Nyamira, Kenya.
Kenya / Summit Recruitment & Search
Senior Accountant -Nakuru
Nakuru / Spin-Knit Limited
Economist / Financial Analyst
Nairobi / Niras International
Senior Accountant-Bunyangabu District
Uganda / Ministry of Local Government (Uganda)